Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
volume is muted
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jun 30, 2021 22:00 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Power Director 19.
The volume is muted. I see 3 different places for audio and have unmuted them & raised the volume levels but still I cannot hear any sound from videos or music.
Thanks.
Eddy
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Director 19.
The volume is muted. I see 3 different places for audio and have unmuted them & raised the volume levels but still I cannot hear any sound from videos or music.
Thanks.
Eddy

Does audio play from a sample clip in the media library?
Does your clip in the media library play with audio?
Does your clip in the timeline have a audio waveform?
Does the speaker icon below the preview window have a line drawn through it?

If above answers are all yes, more than likely "Non Real-time Preview" is active, turn it off in icon to the left of speaker below preview window. If not this, post a screen shot of entire PD interface along with MediaInfo details of your source clip that audio is not functional.

Jeff
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
[Post New]

Does audio play from a sample clip in the media library?
Does your clip in the media library play with audio?
Does your clip in the timeline have a audio waveform?
Does the speaker icon below the preview window have a line drawn through it?

If above answers are all yes, more than likely "Non Real-time Preview" is active, turn it off in icon to the left of speaker below preview window. If not this, post a screen shot of entire PD interface along with MediaInfo details of your source clip that audio is not functional.

Jeff

Audio does not play froma media clip in the library or sound clip or several different mp4 and audio clips I have that work for me out of power director.
I have not added an audio wave form.
speaker icon does not have a line through it in the preview window.
I have real time preview checked.
What is Medianfo details mean?
It is recording the audio in capture as I tried it on my windows player and could hear it only not in power director.
I attached screenshot. I get no erroro message it is only everything is muted.
Thanks.
Eddy
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-09-27 124929.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-09-27 124929.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
264 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Audio does not play froma media clip in the library or sound clip or several different mp4 and audio clips I have that work for me out of power director.
I have not added an audio wave form.
speaker icon does not have a line through it in the preview window.
I have real time preview checked.
What is Medianfo details mean?
It is recording the audio in capture as I tried it on my windows player and could hear it only not in power director.
I attached screenshot. I get no erroro message it is only everything is muted.
Thanks.
Eddy

MediaInfo, installed app or online service, https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline provides the audio details of the source video clip. Do a screen capture with the speaker icon below your preview window activated so one can verify the PD volume bar is in sync with your system volume.

Jeff
Eddy Rice Jr. [Avatar]
[Post New]

MediaInfo, installed app or online service, https://mediaarea.net/MediaInfoOnline provides the audio details of the source video clip. Do a screen capture with the speaker icon below your preview window activated so one can verify the PD volume bar is in sync with your system volume.

Jeff

ok.Thanks. I do not have this medialnfo service.
I would like to make clear it is nota specific clip I'm havig vvolume issues with but all videos and music that play fine elsewhere.
It is recording the sound but you cannot hear it in power director.
Here is a screen shot with volume icon in preview up. I have unmuted in2 other places as well without result.
Now the whole program froze up.
Can power director tech go on my computer and fix or reinstall?
I did nothing wrong it just stopped working proerly. Videos speed up and freeze requiring me to restart. Now this volume i cannot restore.
If they send mea new link to download i must uninstall the old version first?
Then with the link sent will i lose all my old transitions effects and media that I have downloaded & been working with until this point?

Thanks.
Eddy
[Thumb - Screenshot 2.jpg]
 Filename
Screenshot 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
265 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote ok.Thanks. I do not have this medialnfo service.
I would like to make clear it is nota specific clip I'm havig vvolume issues with but all videos and music that play fine elsewhere.
It is recording the sound but you cannot hear it in power director.
Here is a screen shot with volume icon in preview up. I have unmuted in2 other places as well without result.
Now the whole program froze up.
Can power director tech go on my computer and fix or reinstall?
I did nothing wrong it just stopped working proerly. Videos speed up and freeze requiring me to restart. Now this volume i cannot restore.
If they send mea new link to download i must uninstall the old version first?
Then with the link sent will i lose all my old transitions effects and media that I have downloaded & been working with until this point?

Thanks.
Eddy

I don't see anything currently in PD interface that would create your lack of audio since I guess you imply the stock Skateboard01.mp4 does not play audio in the media library either. If that's true, the issue sounds like a windows audio setting to me.

Concerning your request for other help, I think the PDM addressed that in another post of yours.

Jeff
Cyber-Rob [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2018 14:47 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Power Director 19.
Thanks.
Eddy

Hi Eddy,

this is a quite old post but for anyone else having the same problem, I found out that often after startup of PD, my system volume (in the playback menu) is often set to "0"...dont ask me why - I always have to set it to maximum again manually...!

Perhaps this helps you or someone else.

Best wishes,
Rob,