Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reverb In Powerdirector Audio Editor Turns the Gain up by 100(ish) and makes it very heavily noised.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I just updated to powerdirector 20 from 14, and right when I entered one of my projects, i noticed that the audio was so loud It was going to make my ears bleed. I started a new project and the audio was fine. After a bit of messing around to find out the issue, i noticed that whenever I added Reverb (Not in audiodirector, just in the default audio editor) it would increase the gain very high, to where it sounded like a jet engine taking off, yet you could still know that i was saying words.

After trying to reinstall it, update drivers, and everything I could think of, It still has this issue. So a lot of my projects I've been working on that have reverb are broken for now until this issue can be resolved.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just updated to powerdirector 20 from 14, and right when I entered one of my projects, i noticed that the audio was so loud It was going to make my ears bleed. I started a new project and the audio was fine. After a bit of messing around to find out the issue, i noticed that whenever I added Reverb (Not in audiodirector, just in the default audio editor) it would increase the gain very high, to where it sounded like a jet engine taking off, yet you could still know that i was saying words.

After trying to reinstall it, update drivers, and everything I could think of, It still has this issue. So a lot of my projects I've been working on that have reverb are broken for now until this issue can be resolved.

Yes, reverb appears to be broken in Audio Editor as well as Audio Director 12. Looks like they added massive noise.

Jeff
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I just updated to powerdirector 20 from 14, and right when I entered one of my projects, i noticed that the audio was so loud It was going to make my ears bleed. I started a new project and the audio was fine. After a bit of messing around to find out the issue, i noticed that whenever I added Reverb (Not in audiodirector, just in the default audio editor) it would increase the gain very high, to where it sounded like a jet engine taking off, yet you could still know that i was saying words.

Hi,

Same on my system. Anything more than 1% Dry-Wet mix introduces noticeable noise in ADR and AE.

Please raise a ticket with CS so it's in the system and I'll also report the issue referencing this Topic.

Thanks,
PowerDirector Moderator
AlSorrell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2016 16:25 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

Same problem with Echo in both PD20 & AD
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PDM I have applied the Hotfix as described but the issue is still present. Here's a screen recording showing that the problems still occurs even though the new versions of claudfx.ax have been installed:

Be sure you have the audio volume turned down yell

I have reported the issue on ticket CS002411242
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've just tested the AD Hotfix and both Reverb and Echo do seem to work properly on my system.
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote PDM I have applied the Hotfix as described but the issue is still present. Here's a screen recording showing that the problems still occurs even though the new versions of claudfx.ax have been installed:

Be sure you have the audio volume turned down yell

I have reported the issue on ticket CS002411242

Hello,

We got word from CyberLink that they are investigating this. For now, we have taken down the hotfix for PowerDirector until it can be confirmed that it is fixed.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
[Post New]

Hello,

We got word from CyberLink that they are investigating this. For now, we have taken down the hotfix for PowerDirector until it can be confirmed that it is fixed.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Hello,

There is a new hotfix available for PowerDirector 20. Please try and let us know if it solves the issue.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/85919.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
AlSorrell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 31, 2016 16:25 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

There is a new hotfix available for PowerDirector 20. Please try and let us know if it solves the issue.

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/0/85919.page

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

-----
This resolved the problem with both Reverb and Echo for me in PD20 (365).

Thanks,
Al
optodata
[Post New]
I agree that the newer Hotfix solves the issue in PD365 for me as well
JRagonese [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2021 09:17 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I agree that the newer Hotfix solves the issue in PD365 for me as well

Optodata,
For fixing same issue in PD365, where was the magicModule folder, in which you updated with the new files? PD20? or ???

UPDATE:
Replaced files in the PD 20 magic module - fixed my problem as well! SO happy after many frustrating hours trying to resolve this.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 23. 2021 09:57