Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to copy clip properties?
Steinspiel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2021 11:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

So far I have used "VideoStudio" from Corel and have now switched to "PowerDirector 365".
By and large, I get by, only I can't find a few functions I'm used to from Corel (if they are in PowerDirector ...).

A function that is important to me is the transfer of properties from one clip to one or more other clips.
For example, clip A has been changed in size, has a filter and an adjusted speed. How do I get the size, filter and speed copied from clip A to clip B and clip C without having to manually reconfigure all the settings in each clip?

Thanks in advance, have a nice evening.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Most of the functionality you're looking for can be found by right-clicking on the existing timeline clip and using this menu:

Then do the same thing on as many other timeline clips as needed by using Paste Keyframe Attributes.

Not all settings can be copied like this, however, and the other method is to place a copy of the "master" clip on the timeline then drag the desired new clip directly from the Media Library onto it and choose Replace Clip from the pop-up menu.
Steinspiel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 01, 2021 11:04 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for the hint. So far I hadn't paid attention to the meaning of the keyframes in Powerdirector ...