Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Newly bought New Blue FX not showing in latest PD365 and old one grayed out
Chrisland [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2018 05:33 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
With the latest update of powerdirector 365 New Blue FX paint is overcrossed and requires activiation. I bought the effect anew from New Blue store yesterday but it isn't showing up (correctly) in PD365.
I tried to reinstall and reactivate but the efffects are still crossed over.
I have no old installations of PD365 on my PC, by the way, except as for old premium contents packs.

Managed to solve a similar problem with "New Blue effects 6" by copying files from to a folder . Couple of weeks ago but I didn't write it down so I don't remember from where to where I'm sorry to say.

The installer from New Blue should just work without me trying to find a workaround, this is not acceptable.

Edit: Found this: "Why are NewBlue and ProDAD plugins no longer included with PowerDirector 20/365?Applied to: PowerDirector 365 for Windows (Subscription) , PowerDirector 20
Due to the expiration of the contract with NewBlue, unfortunately we have decided to remove NewBlue plugins in new versions of PowerDirector (PowerDirector 20/365)."

Knowing that I have unistalled New Blue Fx that came with content packs except the ones I've bought.
Essentials VI is fine but New blue Paint has still crossed over effects in PD365. Very strange behavior indeed.
I have sent a ticket about this to Cyberlink so lets se how they respond. I'm not very keen on buying products from New Blue (or even maybe Cyberlink any more even if I love the program). Could at least have been given a warning that New Blue was going to stop to work when installing latest update as I'm using the Fx on a project I'm working on now.

(Sorry If my english is not grammatically correct, not my maternal language).

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2021 07:18

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
One way to get the newly purchased pack to work might be to uninstall the existing CL-provided pack using the Windows uninstaller from the Apps & features Start menu page. Maybe reboot to be sure everything is settled.

You should then be able to run the NBFX installer, enter the license code and be good to go.
Chrisland [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote One way to get the newly purchased pack to work might be to uninstall the existing CL-provided pack using the Windows uninstaller from the Apps & features Start menu page. Maybe reboot to be sure everything is settled.

You should then be able to run the NBFX installer, enter the license code and be good to go.

Thank you! I will try to uninstall all the previous contents packs from PD 15 and onwards and reinstall NB Paint FX.
Bought ARt FX today as I really need an arty effect but it is not even showing upp in PD365 after install, really frustrating!

Edit: Sorry, did not work

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 18. 2021 18:24

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
A couple things. None of the content packs are involved so there's no need to uninstall any of them. Here's a very helpful list of every pack, what's inside and where the contents can be located in PD.

As for the new FX, I see it's listed on the CL legacy page so there shouldn't be any problem installing a paid-for version, but there may be something going on with how CL's license is/was set up.

We now know that the license is no longer active in PD20/365, but that shouldn't have any impact on prior PD versions yet PD17 shows two of the same 3 "trial mode" packs PD365 shows (only Paint Effects is available). Why should they be affected at all in any older (and still licensed) PD version?

PD13 and 14 show all packs as activated, so whatever is going on it looks to only affect more recent PD versions.

With all that said, I think it's appropriate to open support tickest with both CL & NBFX as one company may need to talk to the other anyway to get everything resolved...
optodata
[Post New]
I just uninstalled the Essential Effect (1) pack as I described above then installed the stand-alone version I bought back in 2014.

On the Choose Components installer screen, I scrolled down and unchecked the 2 OpenFX options and instead checked Cyberlink Power Director 64-bit (along with NB Titler Pro) and entered my license in the Activation window.

That worked as expected and now I have back the use the only deactivated pack I had a separate license for. Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling the Art FX pack and specifically make those changes when reinstalling.
Chrisland [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I just uninstalled the Essential Effect (1) pack as I described above then installed the stand-alone version I bought back in 2014.

On the Choose Components installer screen, I scrolled down and unchecked the 2 OpenFX options and instead checked Cyberlink Power Director 64-bit (along with NB Titler Pro) and entered my license in the Activation window.

That worked as expected and now I have back the use the only deactivated pack I had a separate license for. Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling the Art FX pack and specifically make those changes when reinstalling.

I will try to do that, NB Essential VI i got working by moving all the files from C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\NewBlue\ and all the folders under there and place them all directly into C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\PlugIn\

Unfortunately that didn't work with NB Paint FX or NB Art FX.

I will try to reinstall with only Cyberlink Power Director 64-bit checked as an option after uninstalling and keeping my fingers crossed.

I have opened a ticket att both NBFX and cyberlinkl regarding the problem,.

Edit: Tried reinstalling with only Cyberlink Power Director 64-bit checked in the installer, the problem still there I'm afraid. Paint overcrossed, Art FX not even shjowing up. Essential VI works fine though.

Edit: Paint Fx didn't show in PD365 version 20.0.2160.0 64-bit so I added paths to everywhere that has Paint FS including the New Blue folder. It showed up btut still crossed over. No such luck with ART FX though.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Sep 19. 2021 05:56

2WOOFS
Newbie Location: Portland, Oregon, USA Joined: Dec 29, 2012 03:16 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I discovered this tonight and am pretty disappointed.

Quite a downgrade to update to a new version and lose this much functionality.