Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bringing in videos from home DVD
John [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 06, 2006 17:49 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I've burned DVD's (from mini dv's) of some home movies. Is there a way to pull the videos off the DVD into powerDirector or is it better to just download it from my camera into PwrDirector?
Jennifer [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Ontario, Canada Joined: Apr 11, 2007 20:35 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi John,
Have you found a solution? I too am trying to create DVDs taken from several mini DVDs but am unable to import them via CAPTURE.

Thanks for any input/suggestions that you may have.
Jen
RobertJ/OZ [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Melbourne Australia Joined: Aug 14, 2006 02:26 Messages: 1209 Offline
[Post New]
You have not stated which version of PD you have, if you have PD5, download to you desktop first, then import into PD. A DVD is basically a finished product, and will not import via capture, at least thats my experience. This problem has been reported many times before in this forum.
Anyway, give it a try and report back
Regards
Robert Intel i7 930, 16GB ram, Radeon HD 5770 1Gb,Ver. 14.12 Win7 64 bit
Intel i7 7700 HQ, 16 GB ram Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB dual drives 1 TB SSD + 1 TB HDD Win 10

PDtoots