Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Glacially slow downloads via Application Manager
jarome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2015 16:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
It has been 4 hours now, and of my 4 365 products, one has downloaded 15% (and timed out) and the other 6%. The other 2 0%.
Why can't we download the whole suite?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That seems unreasonably slow. I had this error message come up when I was downloading CD but I started downloading another app and everything eventually came through:

I have 1Gbps up/down fiber and it probably took 20 minutes to download and install all the 365 apps, so it seems like heavy demand is really slowing down CL's servers.

I'd try canceling the downloads, reboot your computer then try again. The temporary downloads should be resumed where they left off.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It has been 4 hours now, and of my 4 365 products, one has downloaded 15% (and timed out) and the other 6%. The other 2 0%.
Why can't we download the whole suite?

Hi,
I have just used CAM to update the 4 apps in my PDR365 Business suite - took about 35 mins in total to download and install, running in the background as I did other stuff.

As far as I know, in general, CL use several servers located in different parts of the world, which is why occasionally some updates "appear" at slightly different times over different timezones, as the servers are synched/updated.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
It must be the current demand on the CL servers indeed. About 12 hours ago, I could download and install all 365 software within 15 mins, including reinstallation after the essentials that confused me initially.
jarome [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 19, 2015 16:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It must be the current demand on the CL servers indeed. About 12 hours ago, I could download and install all 365 software within 15 mins, including reinstallation after the essentials that confused me initially.

Why can't we just download the whole package file and install it? MUCH faster,
curtain [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 04, 2019 21:07 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
I installed it twice. First time took 90 minutes, second about half that.

I got this error saying that some dll file was missing so I reinstalled it just to find the same error. I looked it up and the dll that was missing was part of MS VC++ 2012 so I just needed to re install the runtime.

Every time a big update or new version comes out, CAM is so so slow to download. Consider it one of those lingering problems that CL sees as low priority.
StreetTales [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2020 17:59 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone experienced DirectorSuite365 (PowerDirector) stuck on 99% for more than 4 hrs?

That was my second attempt as I cancelled the first attempt after 2 hrs and rebooting the computer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17. 2021 00:26

[Post New]
Quote Has anyone experienced DirectorSuite365 (PowerDirector) stuck on 99% for more than 4 hrs?

That was my second attempt as I cancelled the first attempt after 2 hrs and rebooting the computer.

Same here, still stuck on 99% and that's why I'm here at this topic to look for a solution. I have added my attachment too, it's a screenshot of my CL Application Manager.
[Thumb - NotCompleted.jpg]
 Filename
NotCompleted.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
110 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Maybe try to cancel the download of the PD essential, which is a stripped version of PD that should not be downloaded when you have a 365 version. It might be that the two downloads work in the same area. Just a guess.
[Post New]
Quote Maybe try to cancel the download of the PD essential, which is a stripped version of PD that should not be downloaded when you have a 365 version. It might be that the two downloads work in the same area. Just a guess.

I did what you but I close the application manager and wait half hour.
Reopen the application manager again, now I was able to install PD365 (latest version).

Your solution works thanks