Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do you Save a PhotoDirector 12 - Photo Animation as a project (with animation data)?
ToddRS123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2021 18:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I'd like to know how to save a photo animation project so I can open the project at a later time with the photo animation settings/data intact (the same way you'd save a project in PowerDirector and then open it again at a later date to keep working on it).

Here's what I've tried so far...

After I create a photo animation in PhotoDirector 12 (Ultra standalone version) I can successfully "Produce" a movie or .gif of my photo animation. No problem there.

With that same photo animation project open, I then choose File > Save As... - and it takes me to the Produce window (it doesn't save it as a project). Not what I wanted.

So, when I then choose FIle > Export Project - it successfully saves a project file and associated folders - however, when I open that .phd project file that it saved - it opens the original still photo but there is no photo animation connected to or retrieved with the photo.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Todd
[Post New]
Hello ToddRS123,

Welcome to the PhotoDirector forum laughing

Kudos to you for exploring all those possibilities Unfortunately, what you have found is exactly what is there.

With most regular adjustments and edits, PhD retains the editing data in the project file so users can re-open a project and carry on from a previous point. With the Animation Effects, as far as I can tell, it all needs to be done in one session then exported/saved as a new video or GIF file.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
ToddRS123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2021 18:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Pix!

That PhotoDirector behavior (or lack of behavior) is not what I had expected - but you've saved me additional time searching for the answer.

Thanks for your help.

Todd