Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Background music for a collage
azehavi [Avatar]
Member Joined: Oct 18, 2020 04:41 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
I am trying to edit a collage includes 7 inages, 5 seconds each, witb background music.
After about 3 seconds the background music stops.
The music clip was cutted from about 2 minutes length. It hpppens also in other music clips.
Please see the attached image.
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
[Thumb - collage.jpg]
 Filename
collage.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Hi
I do not seem to be able to reproduce this. The images 5 secs long are these photo's or video clips? Do they have audio aswell. Maybe you can send us a screen recording of what it is you do?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi azehavi -

I'm with Warry. I can't replicate that either.

Using the 7 sample photos in PDR , set at 6sec duration with 1sec overlap transitions (total duration - 36sec) & one of the background music tracks trimmed from 2:23 to 0:36, the music played as expected with no dropouts.

Screenshot of project attached.

If the music is in the timeline on its own, does it play correctly? Warry's right. More information is needed about what's in your timeline.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - PDR_36sec SS.png]
 Filename
PDR_36sec SS.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
891 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
azehavi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,
I am sending a screen recording of my small collage.
As you can see, after 4 seconds the audio become mute. It happens also in other audio clips.
By the way, the sample of Tony is not a collage, just a slideshow, which of course doesn't have any problem.
Hope that I am more clear now.
Thanks
 Filename
interrupted audio in a collage_20210911122127.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
7631 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
184 time(s)
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Yes I see what you mean Azehavi,
But I still cannot reproduce it. See my attempt attached. Is that also how you craft your collages?
Anything exceptional in the images or the sound clip you use? Anything addition you can share about the windows version, the PD version and drivers you use? (Stuff that would become apparent in de DXDiag file too).
 Filename
Collage-01.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
Collage example
 Filesize
8742 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
117 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
azehavi, simply "Produce" your timeline and try playing the produced video, it should playback fine. To me this looks like simple timeline playback issues on this system that's occurring when the timeline gets a little more complex, basically the 2x2 window with video.

Jeff
azehavi [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much Jeff,
After producing it really works fine.

Warry, try to trim the audio file to the length of the video and see what happens (before producing)

Thanks again all of you.
Warry [Avatar]
[Post New]
Warry, try to trim the audio file to the length of the video and see what happens (before producing)
Thanks again all of you.

I did try and everthing works okay for me. But I am happy that your problem is resolved!