Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Unable to get username and password to work
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
I was sent a user name and password from my support ticket to the Ultra8 2251 download link. I have tried 20 times using lower case, upper case, exactly how it is spelled, copy and paste and NOTHING will activate the link. I have contacted technical support and they have told me it works for them and try it again. I have tried 15 times more to get it to work using different browsers and everything I can think of. It won't work. I have NEVER had this problem with any other online products I have purchased.
Now I am stuck with NO program and NO replacement.
What am I suppose to do since I can't get this to work??
Moviebuff [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2009 15:31 Messages: 34 Offline
[Post New]
I too was told to follow instruction by support and no matter how many times that I have entered the User name and Password given, exactly as shown the same result "no connection".
Like your self, support have told me, they have tried the given User name and Password, and it connects each time. Well! certain this is not the case.
One thing for sure, reaching no where fast, still waiting. Suggestions will be most appreciated.
Dale M [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 07, 2008 22:11 Messages: 27 Offline
[Post New]
I also could not log in today using the i.d. and password they sent me in an e-mail. But then I re-read the e-mail and noticed that it said to type in the i.d. and password manually, and not use copy and paste. I had missed that on my first reading of the e-mail. So I typed them in and it worked.

I'm just mentioning this in case you have only tried copy and paste, although it sounds like both of you have already tried manual entry.
Moviebuff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dale M, I certainly tried each time by entering User and Password manually and again today tried with the same result "zero".
I checked that cookies were accepted : tried ::: "zero".
I note, that entry PowerDVD changes to "download.gtm.cyberlink.com\PowerDVD" on pressing enter.
On the Internet, typed isales.gocyberlink.com, results: Sorry we could not find given address.
I am certainly pleased that at least you have managed to scale over the procedure. I have however, decided to bombard Support Team until I am successful, more likely Support Team will ignore my applications for help.
Suggestions will be most appreciated.
JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
I was finally sent a new username and password that worked.
Unfortunately it was all in vain as the new download version of PowerDVD Ultra 2521 still will NOT play a blu-ray movie using Windows 7.
Upon loading a blu-ray movie it tells you that it needs a periodic update. You click on yes and it tells you the update is complete.
After this the blu-ray movie will not play NO matter what.
If you don't click on the update option the movie still won't play and the update window keeps appearing.
This is SOOOOO frustrating.
I have heard others say PowerDVD Ultra8 is working for them using Windows 7 so what's up?
The only thing I have been able to get to work is the trial version of PowerDVD Ultra9
Moviebuff [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well JJPower, at least you were successfull in receiving a new User name and Password as for myself, I have lost count the number of times sending request to Cyberlink support team for replacement PowerDVD9 Ultra.
Cyberlink in their advertisement, state to play Blueray DVDs, requires the purchase of PowerDVD9 Ultra and by reading other members forum messages, in many cases this is not the case. Suggestions will be most appreciated.
JJPower [Avatar]
[Post New]
Was informed by tech support and my latest support ticket to install the latest 3017 patch for PowerDVD 8.0 Ultra.
This was a complete waste of time as my ultra 8 program still won't play blu-ray movies with Windows 7.
Now when a blu-ray movie is put in the drive the program won't even open.
I just want a working solution so my program will play blu-ray movies.
Next thing they are going to tell me is I need to upgrade to Ultra 9
I am getting tried of getting the run around.