Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Size of PowerDirector editing image
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
New to video editing. Recently purchased and downloaded PD 365 version 19.6.3016.0 and SR VDE210510-05. One of my first questions is this one. Why does the image of the video editing work area occupy the entire screen of my pc monitor? Presume its to make small characters easier to see. But if I want to reduce this image size slightly is that possible thru an option from within the edit program itself? My os is Windows 10 and perhaps an adjustment like this could be done thru Settings. But presume that would affect other websites images. Which I would rather not do. With all the thousands of PD users, perhaps some have found a way to shrink the edit work area image. If not, guess it will just have to be dealt with.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Sounds like you maybe want part of the Windows Desktop on the edges. You can do that, just select the "Restore down" icon in the upper right corner, one left of the "X". Resize to expose part of desktop. When you launch PD it will be full screen, just "Restore down" to get your reduced size. One can also use third party screen layout utilities for more control.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD19_Desktop.png]
 Filename
PD19_Desktop.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
772 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Sounds like you maybe want part of the Windows Desktop on the edges. You can do that, just select the "Restore down" icon in the upper right corner, one left of the "X". Resize to expose part of desktop. When you launch PD it will be full screen, just "Restore down" to get your reduced size. One can also use third party screen layout utilities for more control.

Jeff

Jeff:
Now I feel foolish. I have always been sort of aware of the "restore down" but don't remember using it. Anyway, couple minutes ago I started up PD and there was the editing work area once again taking the whole screen. Looked in the upper right corner and saw the "restore down". Clicked on it and sure enough part of the desktop was now available on both left and right edges. Thank you for helping the dummy!!

Gene