Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube without the upload
[Post New]
When I try to produce a video that is to be used for Youtube, I usually have some difficulty with it on Youtube after uploading. For instance, the audio can clip from time to time on certain videos.

As a workaround, I find when I slect Youtube under the Online tab when producing the video in Powerdirector, it works fine (generally I keep it to 1080/ 30FPS/ 40bps birtrate - from a 1080 60p source). Yet when I try to emulate these settings for later upload, I have audio clipping problems (I believe audio is set to 192K mp3 ?)

My question is, can I select "Youtube", but disallow it from uploading until I choose to upload it at a later date - as, generally my internet connection isn't good enough to upload a 4+GB file right away. I might upload overnight - or create a few files for upload later at a a friend's house.

So, I'd appreciate some help, when rendering, on chooseing best settings (including audio) for a 1080/ 60FPS source, with audio added - with some MP3 sources- for showing on Youtube... without having to upload to Youtube via Powerdirector.

...An option to select Youtube (in PD), but tick a box to say "don't upload" would be ideal. ?

Anyone?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The easiest thing to do is skip the Online function on the Produce page and simply produce to your hard drive using the Standard 2D tab. Click on the Profile Analyzer button and choose the Best Matched Format (or Intelligent SVRT profile, if one is available) then produce the project.

Note that the produced video will be saved in the Export folder: location shown just below the left edge of the big preview window. Feel free to change the location from the ... button there (or from Preferences | File before you go to the Produce page).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 04. 2021 20:11

[Post New]
Quote The easiest thing to do is skip the Online function on the Produce page and simply produce to your hard drive using the Standard 2D tab. Click on the Profile Analyzer button and choose the Best Matched Format (or Intelligent SVRT profile, if one is available) then produce the project.

Note that the produced video will be saved in the Export folder: location shown just below the left edge of the big preview window. Feel free to change the location from the ... button there (or from Preferences | File before you go to the Produce page).

Thanks. But any time I've done this and later upload to Youtube, the audio comes out clipped. I mean, every 20 seconds or so, some "skip" is heard in the audio. I don't get it when I select Youtube, then stop the upload after PowerDirector finishes producing the video.

?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. But any time I've done this and later upload to Youtube, the audio comes out clipped. I mean, every 20 seconds or so, some "skip" is heard in the audio. I don't get it when I select Youtube, then stop the upload after PowerDirector finishes producing the video.
?

I haven’t uploaded directly to YT except for testing. It will be a .wmv file. You need to know where your export folder is. See this tutorial on it: https://youtu.be/yYIKHxMvvq8 for good tips. Start your produce online to YT. Kill or disable the wi-fi or ethernet internet connection before it completes. That way the file production can be completed and you can upload that wmv file later at your convenience.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Thanks. But any time I've done this and later upload to Youtube, the audio comes out clipped. I mean, every 20 seconds or so, some "skip" is heard in the audio. I don't get it when I select Youtube, then stop the upload after PowerDirector finishes producing the video.

In addition to what tomasc suggested, can you share the settings you used to produce to Standard 2D? I've produced and uploaded >1k videos to YT and haven't encountered any issues with the sound like you're describing.

The audio skipping issue may be related to your internet connection and/or browser - have you tried watching the YT stream on another device?

If you wanted to share any of the links here, other people could see if they hear the same issue (which would imply a producing issue with PD/transcoding issue with YT) or something local to your system(s).
[Post New]
Killing internet access is an option, I guess, but not ideal.

The settings I've used when I try to emulate the "Youtube" settings are:

VIDEO
1920 x 1080
Framerate 30
Frame type: Progressive
Profile Type: Main Profile
Entropy coding: CABAC
Average Bitrate 40000
Speed/quality indicator: Quality mode
Use deblocking (is ticked)

AUDIO
Audio compression: AAC
Audio Channel: Stereo
Audio compression rate: 192 Kbps

...As I said, I have no issues when I choose "Youtube" in the Online tab.
This is an example of the clipping audio (video plays fine prior to uploading -unlisted atm)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ACF41xct3I ...it seems ok, but at 28 seconds, there is a jump in the audio ("20 quid at least for it") . Then another, a couple of seconds later: "selling their paper" (35seconds)

This is the same video I uploaded using "Youtube" that does not have the same audio clipping.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9AN0wAy2Vw

...This video is half the length (split in two), but everything is the same otherwise.
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
In addition to the good information optodata and tomasc already have given, may I tell you of my experience with using and uploading to YouTube.
Over the last few years, I make recordings of summer concerts my son in law gives. Next to one or more camera’s, we use a separate audio device for better sounds. I use PD and the multicamera options to make the final product. (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCczD4CbDTsdssvnsQ8UP1Wg/videos)
In the beginning I have tried the PD YouTube upload function, which most of the times works. But like you, I like to have a bit more control over the timing and also the data along with the videos, so -as the gents suggest- I upload the videos I produced first not using the PD but the YouTube online upload function. During the uploading you can add your data, fill in descriptions and settings and Thumbnail etc. In that way I don’t have to play with wifi or other internet connections, and I can check the result of the production before it is uploaded to YouTube.
Because in my case the sound is more important than the pictures, I try to make sure that there are no hiccups in the recording nor in the production. In my case this is not difficult because the sound recording is usually one take, with no cuts.
I would certainly suggest start looking for errors at your site first, before looking at settings and/or the conversion/rendering that YouTube does to get your video online. As optodata suggests, try after production more than one media player to see whether the sound (and video) comes out as you want it to be and to make sure that it is your production and not the player that gives the errors. If your production is not okay, you know that you have to look at PD, e.g. see whether playing from the timeline already shows errors.
Using the Profile Analyzer as is suggested is always a good idea, because the selection of the matching output specs will force PD to do a minimum of re-rendering, so securing output that is closest to your original. Since I have a mix of cameras both with HD and UHD quality, and I mix and zoom and crop a lot, I know that the analyzer cannot help me. So, I select the best output and I am hoping the PD does a good job, and it usually does. The production settings I use are always 1920x1080 and select the higher of options I have and I have good results with both mp4 (50P and 40Mbps) and mpg (50i and 25 Mbps). The output files are larger, upload times a bit longer but it the result that counts.
Hope this helps a bit.
[Post New]
Thanks all for the help/ suggestions. I've played the rendered video on "Films & TV" (Windows 10 default), VLC and Windows Media Player. All sound is perfect on each of them. (well, the recording itself isn't perfect, but there are no audio glitches). Yet, this same recording gives "jumps", as descibed earlier, when uploaded.

Yet when I use the Youtube option when rendering, I get no audio glitches (even when I stop the upload, then upload the file separetely).

This Youtube option when producing the video in PD clearly does something different.

Ideally, I would like to either

a) emulate the same settings (the ones I've tried are above - same settings I use via the Youtube option, but I can't see the PD audio settings when doing that, to verify)

or

b) turn off the "upload to Youtube" option in PD when selecting Youtube rendering. (yes, disconnecting from the internet works, but not ideal.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
b) turn off the "upload to Youtube" option in PD when selecting Youtube rendering. (yes, disconnecting from the internet works, but not ideal.

That is easy to do as you have already accomplished this. Simply view the file properties of the produced wmv file with PD19, Windows properties/Detail, and Mediainfo(freeware). You will then know the next time which settings of resolution and bitrate of the .wmv file to choose to produce so you no longer need to disconnect from the internet to find out again.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That is easy to do as you have already accomplished this. Simply view the file properties of the produced wmv file with PD19, Windows properties/Detail, and Mediainfo(freeware). You will then know the next time which settings of resolution and bitrate of the .wmv file to choose to produce so you no longer need to disconnect from the internet to find out again.

PD has not used wmv for Youtube uploads since PD16, has it? PD17,18,19 all use mp4.

I think the user will have to create a custom profile with profile.ini to match the "Online" YouTube video PD19 creates. YouTube to my knowledge never likes long GOP structures, the "Produce" feature in PD19 now creates a long GOP. I'd simply manually modify a profile in profile.ini to match the "Online" YouTube mp4 GOP structure and see if that helps your issue.

EDIT: gunthergloop, another simple option to preserve the same "Online" YouTube produce settings is just cancel the upload once started, you still have the file to upload when/if you wish. Yes, you need to babysit a little but can cancel within PD19 anytime once the upload starts.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 05. 2021 18:40