Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD19-365 Seems cured by PD15 ???
[Post New]
OK, So I was about to throw in the towel...

PD19 was not playing at all with my Fuji X-T3,
Files were h265, 10 bit, MOV format.
I had wasted several hours trying anything I could think of to no avail.

I couldn't get anything to 'Produce', the program would just freeze when 'Start' was hit.
I'd found another thread where these X-T3 files had caused an issue on later PD19-365 versions.

I had to get something produced... I remembered I had an old stand alone version of PD15.
This had not been violated by 'upgrades' !
I loaded in the short clips, hit 'Produce' and Bingo ! - All worked fine, I 'Produced' a shareable video.

Now, here's the weird bit...

I then wanted to demonstrate to someone how my updated version of PD19 wouldn't produce from X-T3 files,
I reloaded the identical project and X-T3 MOV files...
Hit 'Produce' and named to output file, hit 'Start' expecting the freeze...
No ! - This time PD19 produced perfectly !
Not only that, but I could also select 'Hardware acceleration' and produce a h265 4K version at twice real speed !

Had something unusual occurred ?
Had PD15 somehow left a dll file/code in a Cyberlink folder that was required ?
I can't believe it had simply 'Shamed' its 'Superior' sibling into action !

To this end, I shut-down the computer, left it off for a couple of minutes and then re-booted...
Loaded PD19 and 'Produced' again.
It worked !
I did have just a single glitch out of several renderings (Hardware acceleration failed), but just the once.

I have no idea as to how/why PD19 is now working ?

Any ideas ?

Addendum - Buoyed by this success, I re-visited a failure from some time ago when optodata/tomasc/JL_JL had been fantastic at getting to the root of the problem...
https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/80734.page#332215

I re-loaded the original projects and files.
This time I was unable to re-produce the 'Judder' problems from 18 months ago...
The output files from PD19-365 were fine, even after selecting 'Hardware acceleration'

So for now at least, I have a working, useable version of PD19-365 !

So different from last week !

It couldn't have been caused by playing with PD15 could it ? !
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may have installed the full PD15 package which gave you the option to install the Apple QT 7 which supplied that codec. Check to see if you can now suddenly be able to work with mov files with the alpha channel.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote You may have installed the full PD15 package which gave you the option to install the Apple QT 7 which supplied that codec. Check to see if you can now suddenly be able to work with mov files with the alpha channel.

I'd be surprised if this was the fix, PD15 did not include Apple QT installer, prior PD versions did but it was removed in the initial release of PD15 and going forward versions.

Obviously, something appeared to correct the issue per GerryQ though, at least for now.

Jeff
[Post New]
Hi Jeff, Tomasc,
I'm at a loss as to how it's now working, but I'll accept it !
When I first installed PD-18, I had no particular issues with X-T3 files (Except HLG with LUT applied - I'll re-visit that one day)
The problems had only started after an 'Update' !