Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Are Cyberlink products ready for Windows 11
Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
I ask because W11 is now a thing so it's only a matter of time until I upgrade. And this is kind of a global question as I also use Photo Director and Screenrecorder and am looking at Audio Director too.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I imagine that CL is well aware of Win11 and will looking to make sure their apps will be compatible when the new OS is officially released, although there have been plenty of times when updates to Windows or nVidia drivers have crippled CL products.

With that said, I've been running Win11 on my Surface Book 3 for about a month and haven't seen any compatibility issues with any of the installed apps aside from a single issue with an older nVidia driver and the discrete GTX1660Ti GPU.

I have subscription versions of PD, SR4, AD, CD, PHD installed along with Office, Quicken, New Blue Titler Pro 7 and several Topaz AI photo tools, and so far they all work normally. Note that I haven't tried any exhaustive testing on that machine but nothing has come up during casual use.

If anyone else is running Win11 and sees an issue with any CL product, I think the best thing to do is to report it directly to CL tech support from this page. Reporting it here in this thread would alert fellow users as well.

BTW I'm currently running version 21H2 OS build 22000.100

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2021 14:52

Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Quote With that said, I've been running Win11 on my Surface Book 3 for about a month and haven't seen any compatibility issues with any of the installed apps aside from a single issue with an older nVidia driver and the discrete GTX1660Ti GPU.

A bit off-topic but:
How are you finding W11 so far. Is there a lot of bloatware. Any general performance issues? Is it user-friendly? Thoughts? Curious minds need to know.... laughing
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
My take is that it's not a huge change. The update to Win11 was very quick and took less time than some regular Win10 updates. It seems to boot quickly and I haven't had any issues at all since my last post. It used to be that some apps got uninstalled whenever a new version of Windows was installed, but nothing like that happened this time. It simply booted with Win11 running

Stylewise, the windows all have rounded edges now and there are new system fonts and sounds, Most of the old XP-style Control Panel settings are now available in the newer Settings menu. I think the most noticeable change is that the Start menu is closer to the center of the taskbar and the taskbar can no longer be switched to the other 3 edges.

The new Start menu is less cluttered and it's very responsive (type a single letter to see a list of apps) but it can take a little time to get used to. I use desktop or taskbar icons for my main apps so this isn't a big change for me.

About the only thing I dislike is that the power icon is located on the far right bottom edge of the new Start menu. Instead of simply clicking on Start then Power, then Reset/Shut Down, you now have to click on Start then move the cursor halfway across the bottom of the screen to access the Power menu (or right-click on Start and choose the desired option from the Shut down or sign out > pop-out menu) "undecided"

To me that one feature is clunky and quite a bit of unnecessary extra work, but it's nothing like the shock of installing the original Win8 and not knowing how to even reach the desktop!
CeriRees [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 23, 2011 16:49 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
I have been running Win11 for a couple of weeks and have experienced a few issues related to videos in general, such as being unable to find the process when trying to play an mp4 file. I also find myself restarting my system a little more frequently than before to clear a few hangups. As far as PD goes, a few strange things have been going on. If I update my gpu driver, PD no longer seems to ask me to optimize for hardware acceleration. In fact, on rendering, the fast rendering options are no longer available.

I also get a lot more drop frame/prerender messages, plus an error message about prerendering after completing an mp4 render (the render itself is fine though).

Of course these things may be related to my machine only, rather than have anything to do with Win11 but it does seem a coincidence that they started happening at the same time.
optodata
[Post New]
Wow, those are some pretty significant issues, and it actually sounds like you might be having the same kind of problem I had earlier when using an older nVidia driver. Can you follow the steps here and attach the results of the DxDiag test so we can see how your system is configured?

I believe the current nVidia version (471.41) is the first one to fully support Win11, but you may have a hard time getting your GPU updated. In my case, the installer said there wasn't a compatible GPU on my Surface Book 3, and I spent about an hour trying various things before I finally got the device to show up in Device Manager so it could be updated to the latest driver.

Since that point, I can choose whether PD sees my GTX 1660Ti or the Intel iGPU (as shown here), and the relevant hardware encoding option is present on the Produce page. I also definitely get prompted to run the PD GPU test when a new nVidia or Intel video driver is installed, and I think we can get your system working like this as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 09. 2021 23:04

Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
I understand that Internet Explorer only runs in EDGE compatibility mode in windows 11. PD required the good old IE for a number of internet activities. Did you try this already? Thanks
optodata
[Post New]
I haven't seen any IE-related issues. I just tried downloading from Shutterstock and DirectorZone from inside PD and everything works normally. Same with licensing/activation and the App Manager.

Here's how Edge is set to deal with IE-specific sites by default, and I haven't changed anything:

BTW I've also updated my main desktop PC so both of my Win11-compatible systems are updated. I also have 2 older Surface devices that will have to stay on Win10.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I haven't seen any IE-related issues. I just tried downloading from Shutterstock and DirectorZone from inside PD and everything works normally. Same with licensing/activation and the App Manager.

I'm not running 11 on anything so just a question, I'd assume IE11 is still active in Windows features so maybe not to conclusive. Proof will probably be IE11 EOL, June 15, 2022 and how MS handles that and CL response.

Jeff
optodata
[Post New]
I'm not seeing it in the appwiz.cpl tool, so maybe they really have done away with it in Win11 from the start:

BTW "Legacy Components" only contains DirectPlay

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 31. 2021 20:13

astroASMR [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 20, 2021 07:02 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
cyberlink is NOT ready for windows 11

i couldn't get "power director 19" to work on windows11 n
no matter what i did, i assume it was the "N" version so media player wasn't installed so thats why it wouldn't work, no matter whatever i did, from installing 'media player' to other crap and still couldn't get it to work

the software kept saying it was missing stuff to run it i.e a virtal component, it wouldn't even give a REAL error message eg xxxxx.dll is missing, it juts gave a vague error message i even typed the full error out in google to find a reason or if anyone was facing the same issue and still couldn't pin point a solution, i gave up and had to reinstalled windows 10

EXTREMLY disappointed!

p.s it was a clean installation, it might work if I installed windows 10, then power director THEN upgraded to win11
optodata
[Post New]
I'm afraid the problem on your end is Windows N, not whether it's based on Win10 or 11. See this discussion.
dbroo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2019 16:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I had to dump PowerDirector 18 and upgrade to 21 because it wasn't compatible. I'm unclear if PhotoDirector 11 is compatible, but I'm going to assume no because it was from the same release.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote I had to dump PowerDirector 18 and upgrade to 21 because it wasn't compatible. I'm unclear if PhotoDirector 11 is compatible, but I'm going to assume no because it was from the same release.

I'm not sure why you believe there was a compatibility issue. I have PD13, 14, 17 and 365 all installed on my Win11 desktop computer

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16. 2023 13:55

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JeffZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2018 16:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]

I'm not sure why you believe there was a compatibility issue. I have PD13, 14, 17 and 365 all installed on my Win11 desktop computer

Do you have Bitlocker drive encryption enabled on your Windows 11 machine?

I have a Windows 11 that update from Windows 10. Bitlocker is not enabled on that PC and PD18 runs great.

BUT I have a new Windows 11 machine with Bitlocker enabled by defaut and PD18 will not run.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]

Do you have Bitlocker drive encryption enabled on your Windows 11 machine?

I have a Windows 11 that update from Windows 10. Bitlocker is not enabled on that PC and PD18 runs great.

BUT I have a new Windows 11 machine with Bitlocker enabled by defaut and PD18 will not run.

PowerDirector 18 was the sweet spot. Period. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Zaptor37 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 30, 2023 19:53 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I ask because W11 is now a thing so it's only a matter of time until I upgrade. And this is kind of a global question as I also use Photo Director and Screenrecorder and am looking at Audio Director too.

Short anwer: I think yes. I'm using Windows 11 and my Power Director, Screen Recorder, and PowerDVD works perfectly!
JeffZ [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 17, 2018 16:21 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I think the issues with Windows 11 are related to Bitlocker. I haven't disabled it on my new WIndows 11 laptop to test but my other Windows 11 machine that was upgraded from Windows 10 does not have Bitlocker enable and PD18 runs fine.

On the new WIndows 11 laptop is hangs after loading Full Mode while trying to access the sample media files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 03. 2023 10:24

JimPerry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 12, 2018 18:11 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I ask because W11 is now a thing so it's only a matter of time until I upgrade. And this is kind of a global question as I also use Photo Director and Screenrecorder and am looking at Audio Director too.

I'm using PD14. with a new W11 laptop. Yesterday I used the Full Feature editor all day without a problem. Today, after 30 seconds or so the program shuts down and a dialog box pops up asking me to report the problem to CL. And then the hotlink option to upgrade to 365, But 365 is a subscription (right?) and 14 is lifetime.

I'm not all that tech savvy, but can someone offer any hints?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2023 09:23