Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to render without any sound?
Powdered [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 26, 2020 20:05 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
If I mute a clip, delete its audio or render a video-only track: every time the audio gets rendered. The video is mute but its properties still state 48kHz/16-bit/stereo/79kbps bitrate, plus the file size doesn't get any smaller so somehow, audio does get into the rendered file.

So how can I render without any audio and with a smaller file size than video+audio?
Thank you.
PowerDirector Tutorials
Senior Member Location: Tennessee Joined: Sep 29, 2014 20:25 Messages: 192 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I mute a clip, delete its audio or render a video-only track: every time the audio gets rendered. The video is mute but its properties still state 48kHz/16-bit/stereo/79kbps bitrate, plus the file size doesn't get any smaller so somehow, audio does get into the rendered file.

So how can I render without any audio and with a smaller file size than video+audio?
Thank you.

Right click on video in timeline and select Link unlink audio in video

click on audio which should be highlighed in blue and hit DELETE! Poof audio is gone. Produce video PowerDirector Tutorials Team
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,
Or an even easier way is to right-click on each track that contains audio and select "Mute Track".
Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Powdered [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried both methods but both GomPlayer and MediaInfo mention there is still audio present, although not audible.
It's like the audio track gets rendered but with volume 0.
And also the size should be smaller without any audio, right? This isn't the case now.

Also, when creating a custom render profile, why can't you choose a "no audio" option? Now you're being forced to choose some quality of audio.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If I mute a clip, delete its audio or render a video-only track: every time the audio gets rendered. The video is mute but its properties still state 48kHz/16-bit/stereo/79kbps bitrate, plus the file size doesn't get any smaller so somehow, audio does get into the rendered file.

Thank you.

My experience, PD simply can't do that, it always encodes and creates an audio track for a video production. You can minimize bits used by modifying audio codec details but PD will always encode an audio track. You can very easily remove with many third party utilities, like ffmpeg, sample MediaInfo attached.

Jeff
[Thumb - OnlyVideo.png]
 Filename
OnlyVideo.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
Powdered [Avatar]
[Post New]

My experience, PD simply can't do that, it always encodes and creates an audio track for a video production. You can minimize bits used by modifying audio codec details but PD will always encode an audio track. You can very easily remove with many third party utilities, like ffmpeg, sample MediaInfo attached.

Jeff

I wonder why this could be the case, it doesn't make any sense to render a silent audio track. Maybe PD renders audio with volume 0 like I mentioned eariler.
Thanks, I'll go look for ffmpeg.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I wonder why this could be the case, it doesn't make any sense to render a silent audio track. Maybe PD renders audio with volume 0 like I mentioned eariler.
Thanks, I'll go look for ffmpeg.

The command in ffmpeg would be rather simple, like, ffmpeg -i source.mp4 -c copy -an onlyvideo.mp4 Nothing is encoded, audio just removed.

Probably just convenience, but to be honest, so many larger fish to fry that could be improved in the editor. If you are doing it for file savings, it's rather miniscule if you lower the audio quality, like 28MB/hr of video for 64kbps.

Jeff