Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Any shortcut to arrange clips in sequence....?
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
I have 23-30 CLIPS . Some are on track one. Some on track 2....track 3...track 4 ...

I want to arrange all clips in sequence as per timeline order.

Take a look on this picture which will make u better understand that what i want.

StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
It should be as simple as just dragging them into position.

Is that not working for you?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
In addition to what StevenG said, you could use the method shown in the help guide to place any clips or groups of clips you selected or highlighted on the timeline of the selected track by clicking that black highlighted button the next time on a new project. That is the shortcut most users know about: https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/07_01_01_adding_video_clips_an.html?q=add+clip . I do it all the time.
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It should be as simple as just dragging them into position.

Is that not working for you?

Even a 10 year old kid know this thing .

putting 30-35 clips manually in sequence will take huge time
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote In addition to what StevenG said, you could use the method shown in the help guide to place any clips or groups of clips you selected or highlighted on the timeline of the selected track by clicking that black highlighted button the next time on a new project. That is the shortcut most users know about: https://help.cyberlink.com/stat/help/powerdirector/19/enu/07_01_01_adding_video_clips_an.html?q=add+clip . I do it all the time.

I've selected two video or also put in group but i am not getting any black highlighted button.

could u please show me photo of this black highlighted button.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Place the scrubber where you want on the track. Highlight any clip in the media library and the rectangular white on black button appears just on top of the timeline about one inch from the left. See the screenshot as shown in circled red in the manual.
[Thumb - mohitk.jpg]
 Filename
mohitk.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
The white on black button only appears if a clip is highlighted in the media library.
 Filesize
115 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Place the scrubber where you want on the track. Highlight any clip in the media library and the rectangular white on black button appears just on top of the timeline about one inch from the left. See the screenshot as shown in circled red in the manual.

This is not what i was seeking.
Check the screenshot which i've posted in first post.

I've to arrange clips which is in timeline in sequence.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

This is not what i was seeking.
Check the screenshot which i've posted in first post.

I've to arrange clips which is in timeline in sequence.

Hi,

The short answer is no, I am unaware of a short or automatic way to do what you want.

If your clips are always arranged similarly to your example, with similar timing/spacing then perhaps you can copy and paste T2 content to T1 and then T3 content to T1 etc.
Then you can use the remove and move function to remove the gaps.

To my mind that is probably just as much work as manually moving each clip?

Without knowing more details of your editing workflow, it's difficult to offer any more suggestions to overcome or minimise this issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]

Hi,

The short answer is no, I am unaware of a short or automatic way to do what you want.

If your clips are always arranged similarly to your example, with similar timing/spacing then perhaps you can copy and paste T2 content to T1 and then T3 content to T1 etc.
Then you can use the remove and move function to remove the gaps.

To my mind that is probably just as much work as manually moving each clip?

Without knowing more details of your editing workflow, it's difficult to offer any more suggestions to overcome or minimise this issue.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

There is a reason that why did i put these clips into T2 or T3. Anyways leave it. Power director lacks this option so nothing can be done.