Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Screen Recorder 4 Stopped Working
[Post New]
I love Screen recorder, but for some reason, the last update of PowerDirector 365s Screen Recorder 4 isn't working.
I've tried everything, including deleting and reinstalling PD 365, but every time I click Screen Recorder 4, the program tries to start, and crashes.
I hope the next update rectifies this, because while I don't use it a lot, it's really handy when I do...
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is a known issue.
Andy W
Newbie Location: United Kingdom Joined: May 24, 2017 16:01 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote This is a known issue.

Any idea on when a fix is going to be available? I use this quite a lot for different projects and I'm still just getting some weird box come up when I try and launcht the programme.
[Thumb - Screenshot (30).png]
 Filename
Screenshot (30).png
[Disk]
 Description
Screen recorder starting
 Filesize
2981 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)
blackcherry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2021 20:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Any idea on when a fix is going to be available? I use this quite a lot for different projects and I'm still just getting some weird box come up when I try and launcht the programme.

I got the exact same screen after an update 2 days agoand yes did the reinstallation and got in contact with tech support. I just gave them the update of that black screen.

I did notice on task manager when SC4 tries to load it shows GDPRdlg application but then disapears.

Still not working....
[Thumb - SnapShot.jpg]
 Filename
SnapShot.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
183 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

I got the exact same screen after an update 2 days agoand yes did the reinstallation and got in contact with tech support. I just gave them the update of that black screen.

I did notice on task manager when SC4 tries to load it shows GDPRdlg application but then disapears.

Still not working....

Hello,

This is fixed in the latest Screen Recorder patch. Please make sure you have the latest version install:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?productId=372

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
blackcherry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 08, 2021 20:45 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Hello,

This is fixed in the latest Screen Recorder patch. Please make sure you have the latest version install:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?productId=372

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Sheeeeesh it works!!!

Also before I clicked that link I was doing all the windows update so no idea if that helped.