Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to mask moving object?
HuntersPad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:22 Messages: 45 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video of inside the car which the inside is moving a bit, but I want dashcam footage to be played in the windsheild so it looks like it was driving on a different road. But Using the masking tool works for the first few frames until the camera moves, anyway to automate this?

Heres an example of what I'm trying to do, but as you can see the the video inside the car I'm moving about so the dash is moving which I cant figure out how to maybe use a tracking feature?

It works with a still image, but thats boring.

Thanks!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2021 15:19

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, I have a couple ideas. The first would be to stabilize the video and produce it before applying the mask and the new background. That should at least make keyframing any remaining mask movements easier.

The other would be to use the mask + motion tracking feature if you have ColorDirector.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 05. 2021 17:44

Esseff [Avatar]
Member Location: Germany Joined: Oct 10, 2020 16:47 Messages: 69 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hmm, I have a couple ideas. The first would be to stabilize the video and produce it before applying the mask and the new background. That should at least make keyframing any remaining mask movements easier.

The other would be to use the mask + motion tracking feature if you have ColorDirector.

Following!

Was actually looking at colour director a few days ago for this very purpose.