Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Same border on all clips?
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
I've 15+ clips. I have to use same border to all clips. Is there any way to apply same border to all clips at once.

One can apply same width and height to various clips by using copy and paste keyframe but is there any way to copy and paste same border to all clips.
AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've 15+ clips. I have to use same border to all clips. Is there any way to apply same border to all clips at once.

One can apply same width and height to various clips by using copy and paste keyframe but is there any way to copy and paste same border to all clips.

As I understand it, add the border with transparent background in the strip below and drag to all clips.
You can save the border as Pip for later use.
If not this more details.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm also unclear on what kind of border you're referring to, but there's a pretty standard approach to applying all kinds of edits to other clips that Copy Keyframe Attributes doesn't work on.

To use that, make all the desired changes to your first clip, then copy it and paste 14+ copies on the timeline. Next drag each new clip from the media library directly onto the appropriate timeline copy, then choose Replace from the pop-up menu. PD will then replace the orginal clip with the new one, leaving all the existing edits in place.

The main thing to pay attention to is if you've trimmed the original ("master") clip and/or when the replaced clips are longer than the "master" clip. Since replacing keeps all of the original trims and length intact, you will need to manually extend the duration of all longer clips and may also need to use the Trim tool to ensure that the entire duration of each replaced clip is available.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've 15+ clips. I have to use same border to all clips. Is there any way to apply same border to all clips at once.

Hi,

As optodata says, depends a bit on what kind of border - simple or complex.

An alternative and simple approach, wholly from within PDR - not using an external graphic program, would be as follows:

Use a blue or green colourboard, design and apply your border.
Take a snapshot .png

Use that snapshot as an overlay to each, or all, of your clips depending on your visual preferences.
Chromakey out the green/blue.

But that might not be what your looking for tho??

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I'm also unclear on what kind of border you're referring to, but there's a pretty standard approach to applying all kinds of edits to other clips that Copy Keyframe Attributes doesn't work on.

To use that, make all the desired changes to your first clip, then copy it and paste 14+ copies on the timeline. Next drag each new clip from the media library directly onto the appropriate timeline copy, then choose Replace from the pop-up menu. PD will then replace the orginal clip with the new one, leaving all the existing edits in place.

The main thing to pay attention to is if you've trimmed the original ("master") clip and/or when the replaced clips are longer than the "master" clip. Since replacing keeps all of the original trims and length intact, you will need to manually extend the duration of all longer clips and may also need to use the Trim tool to ensure that the entire duration of each replaced clip is available.

I was talking about border option of PIP Designer.

Thanks for giving this 'replacement' trick. This trick makes my work little bit easy. Though this is not a professional way to apply border. In Adobe premiere, One can simply copy and paste border to clips.

By day by day, i am losing interest in power director. Power director lacks hundreds of basic features i.e. no option of clearing cache, apply same transition/border/effects to all tracks, syncing audio also doesn't work in perfect way at it works in other software etc.

There is hardly any difference left between power director and filmora software(Beginner level software)

Someone need to give wake up call to developers of power director . Power director software has lost it charm. Developers are hardly adding any new feature to power director and solving any lags.