Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 365 - How to apply the same dispersion effect on multiple fotos?
daddad1010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2018 16:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

my goal is to create an animation via Photo Animation effect then apply a dispersion effect to it. I could not find a way to do that in PhotoDirector 365 except for:

1. Create the animation and safe it as a GIF file

2. Import the GIF file into PhotoDirector (which results in ca. 14 single frames/images)

3. For each image apply the same dispersion effect (very tedious task)

Is there a way to safe the dispersion effect's settings as a "preset" and apply next time on multiple images with a single click? Thanks.
[Post New]
Hello alan1010,

What you've found is just as it is. You've missed nothing.

Dispersion (and other animation) effects can be applied to a photo, but that effect cannot be saved as a preset to be applied on other photos.

I imagine the use for that would be quite limited. e.g. the "subject" (element of the photo being dispersed) would have to be in the same position for each photo or brush mask would need to be reconfigured under "Modify Region".

Regarding your suggested procedure of creating a GIF (~14 frames) then applying dispersion effects to each frame, how would you intend to export that?

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 17. 2021 18:57

PIX YouTube channel
daddad1010 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 03, 2018 16:14 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PIX,

thanks for the response. Maybe I did not explain the issue very well. What I would like to have is: Apply animation and dispersion effect to the same image. It seems impossible to do it in PhotoDirector 365 right?
[Post New]
Hello again,

I was fooled by your thread title: "How to apply the same dispersion effect on multiple fotos?", which doesn't sound much like "How to apply multiple animation & dispersion effects on a single photo?" laughing

In short, there's no easy way to do what you're suggesting. I can't honestly think of a cirumstance where it would be appropriate, but I'm sure you have something in mind. Perhaps you could explain exactly what it is you're trying to do.

Here, I did begin a process I thought might achieve a combination of animation & dispersion but it turned into a convoluted time wasting activity.

1. Applied Photo Animation to photo

2. Exported photo animation as MP4

3. Imported MP4 (Video to Photo)

4. Trimmed video to 3 seconds (90 frames)

5. Extracted 30 video frames

6. Saved to Library

7. Applied Dispersion effect to Frame 1

8. Exported as new video file (MP4)

9. Thought about applying same Dispersion effect to Frames 2-30, but stopped!

I stopped, knowing that I'd end up with 30 video files, each containg 180 frames (minimum 6 secs), which I'd then need to extract frames from, then reassemble in video format, which could easily be done in PDR.

It's not that repetitive work bothers me, but I'd need to have a convincing purpose in mind to undertake it! laughing

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 19. 2021 05:17

PIX YouTube channel