Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best Export Quality For Importing Later?
2dguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 16, 2021 12:33 Messages: 43 Offline
[Post New]
I'm creating video segments which will be used as intros, outros, etc, so I want to export them in the highest quality so I can reuse them later. My content will be 1080/24 fps. What format should I use when producing/exporting these videos? Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You've basically answered your own question - you want to produce to 1080/24p.

Assuming your source clips are already in that format, you can put one on the timeline then go to the Produce page and click on the Profile Analyzer tool.

It should provide you with a best-matched format (which may be one of the standard profiles or a custom one) that is the ideal profile to produce to. You may also be presented with an Intelligent SVRT profile, and that would be the best possible option as PD will be able to copy all the unchanged sections of your source clip(s) directly to the produced video without any re-encoding.

If your source clips aren't recorded at 1080/24p, you won't be able to use the Profile Analyzer and you should simply choose the standard AVC or HEVC 1080/24p MP4 profile depending on whether your source clips are AVC or HEVC. PD will then convert the clips into the desired format and you will likely be able to use SVRT when reusing those intros/outros in additional projects.
2dguy [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote You've basically answered your own question - you want to produce to 1080/24p.

Assuming your source clips are already in that format, you can put one on the timeline then go to the Produce page and click on the Profile Analyzer tool.

It should provide you with a best-matched format (which may be one of the standard profiles or a custom one) that is the ideal profile to produce to. You may also be presented with an Intelligent SVRT profile, and that would be the best possible option as PD will be able to copy all the unchanged sections of your source clip(s) directly to the produced video without any re-encoding.

If your source clips aren't recorded at 1080/24p, you won't be able to use the Profile Analyzer and you should simply choose the standard AVC or HEVC 1080/24p MP4 profile depending on whether your source clips are AVC or HEVC. PD will then convert the clips into the desired format and you will likely be able to use SVRT when reusing those intros/outros in additional projects.

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm new to video editing. lol... So I'm creating the clips from within PD and want to export them in the highest possible detail for importing in projects later. I'm producing them currently using H.264 AVC @ 16 mbps. May be a dumb question, but if I create a custom profile and set the bitrate to 32 mbps wouldn't that be a higher quality export with less detail loss? My intial tests created a file size almost twice as big with basicsally no visual difference to 16 mbps.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote ... if I create a custom profile and set the bitrate to 32 mbps wouldn't that be a higher quality export with less detail loss? My intial tests created a file size almost twice as big with basicsally no visual difference to 16 mbps.

You're pretty good at answering your own questions wink

Assuming you're staying with the same encoding standard, like AVC to AVC, doubling the bitrate won't get you any higher quality because there is no more information in the original clip to be gained.

On the other hand, lowering the bitrate will degrade the quality because less information can be stored in the produced clip.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2021 15:23

2dguy [Avatar]
[Post New]

You're pretty good at answering your own questions wink

Assuming you're staying with the same encoding standard, like AVC to AVC, doubling the bitrate won't get you any higher quality because there is no more information in the original clip to be gained.

On the other hand, lowering the bitrate will degrade the quality because less information can be stored in the produced clip.

lol.. ok... very good, I think I'm good to go. Thank you for the replies.