Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions have changed, help
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
I transited from PD14 to PD19 recently and used some transitions and they seemed the same as in PD14.

But yesterday I noticed that there is a "sub pattern" looking like an airplane wing shadow, imposed and I do not like it. Am I seeing things and is there such a thing? This is in most of my transitions.

Also the old goodies like Full Twist and Page Fold and some others are missing in 19.

Is there a way to transfer my PD14 transitions into PD19, hopefully different folder?

Any adivce is much appreciated.

Thanks

Gene

PS Both PD versions are installed side by side w/o apparent problems.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 12. 2021 23:00

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
PD19/365 has many new transitions but I think all of the original ones are still there. It sounds like you aren't looking at "All Content"

Be sure to select that option to see all available transitions:

You can then use the Search the Library box to start typing in a name and see the matches right away.

If you want the specific section those two transitions are in, it's "Special" and I have 31 choices there.
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
Good morning, and thank you optodata.

You are correct, I found it but it is not the same clean transition, there is still that " airplane wing" shading. This is not present in PD14.

Usually I make do with about 6 transitions, I use "fade" most often.

Is there a way to import those I like into PD19? Or all of them?

That would be the perfect solution. There is a folder named transitions, but both the PD14 and PD19 content looks the same.

Just to be sure, I compared the two versions again and there is a big difference in appearance. And in your sample as well. Somebody at CL must have had an inspirational urge to leave his fingerprint. WHY!!

Thanks
Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2021 11:19

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Hmm, I don't know what "airplane wing shading" means, and I honestly don't see the slightest difference between the tranistions when produced by PD14 or PD19. Take a look at this comparision video, where I've shaded the PD19 clip so it looks different from the one produced with PD14:

The transitions are perfectly melded and I don't see any difference when comparing the PD14 and PD19 versions. Maybe you could share the two clips you produced so we can see why they look so different.
Eugen157
[Post New]
Quote Hmm, I don't know what "airplane wing shading" means, and I honestly don't see the slightest difference between the tranistions when produced by PD14 or PD19. Take a look at this comparision video, where I've shaded the PD19 clip so it looks different from the one produced with PD14:

The transitions are perfectly melded and I don't see any difference when comparing the PD14 and PD19 versions. Maybe you could share the two clips you produced so we can see why they look so different.

Thank you optodata for all the trouble you went through!! My wife and I went out for Sunday breakfast with dear neighbors, we have done that for 15 years. Friends make such a difference in life.....

But there is a BIG difference when comparing the two. The second, PD-old transition has a straight edge at the point or edge where the scene change takes place. It is linear so to speak.

In the first, PD-new, it is curved and for some peculiar reason my brain finds that objectionable. (Wish CL had a spell checker)

So the easy way out for me would be an exchange of transition files or having both.

Again Optodata,
thanks.

edited

PS I looked at it again and have not expressed myself clearly in this post. On PD14 the transition background? has a uniform shade or uniform color level as viewed in the transition room best viewed w/o making a transition.. In PD 19 that is not so, it has shading, looking to me as part of a airplane wing.

I do not know how to ad a video here. I will try to figure that out.

Eugene

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jun 13. 2021 14:36

optodata
[Post New]
Ok I think I understand what you're looking at.

In PD14's Transition Room, the transition animation shows a plain blue A screen transitioning to a yellow B screen, while in PD19 the animation is more detailed with the letters drawn with glossy edges and reflections and sand dunes in the background.

Is this what you're calling "airplane wing shading"?

If so, it's only displayed in the animation and is not part of the actual transition at all when used in a project.

If you look at the comparison video I posted earlier, you can see that there is no difference at all in transitions between PD14 and PD19 when they're applied to clips
Eugen157
[Post New]
Quote Ok I think I understand what you're looking at.

In PD14's Transition Room, the transition animation shows a plain blue A screen transitioning to a yellow B screen, while in PD19 the animation is more detailed with the letters drawn with glossy edges and reflections and sand dunes in the background.

Is this what you're calling "airplane wing shading"?

If so, it's only displayed in the animation and is not part of the actual transition at all when used in a project.

If you look at the comparison video I posted earlier, you can see that there is no difference at all in transitions between PD14 and PD19 when they're applied to clips

Yes it is, and I was under the impression that it would show in the finished transition. Dunes is a perfect description.

I hope I did not wreck your Sunday.

Eugene

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2021 16:25