Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Application Manager shows Effect Packs are installed but they are not and can't uninstall
nyride [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2018 11:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Trying to install some Effect Packs for powerdirector 365, but in Application Manager it says some are already installed, but they are not. I try to uninstall it but can't and can't re-install them back in either, any other method? I've checked the registry and the folders for the Effects are in the registry but the folders do not exist. I'm using 365 suite.

Thanks!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Chances are that the content you're looking for isn't available for the project aspect ratio you've currently chosen. For example, many content packs have 16:9 content that won't be available in a 1:1 project as is discussed in this thread.
nyride [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2018 11:42 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Chances are that the content you're looking for isn't available for the project aspect ratio you've currently chosen. For example, many content packs have 16:9 content that won't be available in a 1:1 project as is discussed in this thread.

I meant in the Application Manager. I have effects that are double in Powerdirector and some that don't exist even though it says they're installed, so I went into the Application Manager to try and unistall the effect packages and reinstall them. The Application Manager says the effects are installed and when I try to Unistall it says it can't do it from the Application Manger and for me to go to the Windows Settings to uninstall, which it's probably refering to the Add or Remove Program in Control Panel, but none of the effect packages are in there to be unistalled. So I searched the registry and find the effect packages in there and it shows the path where they are located on the hard drive, but the folders it says they're in do not exist. Is there any cleaning tools that help remove old cyberlink programs and or effect packages?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 11. 2021 09:36

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think any registry tool can clear out broken entries like that, and so can dedicated uninstaller tools like Revo Uninstaller Pro (which has a free version).

I strongly recommend making a full system backup in case something goes wrong, and once that's done you may even want to fully uninstall all Cyberlink entries shown in the Windows Apps & features list then install the App Manager and reinstall everything again.

None of this explains how or why things ended up the way they did on your system, but it does provide a way to get everthing straightened out now. You may also want to contact CL tech support as they may have specific steps to take.