Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How do I add a border to a clip, not to the object within it?
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
I want to add borders to clips. The only option in the PiP Designer adds a border to the object within it. I want to add a blurred border so that the clips blend into each other when having them side by side in the video, thus removing the unnatural sharp edges. A blurred frame if you'd like. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to add borders to clips. The only option in the PiP Designer adds a border to the object within it. I want to add a blurred border so that the clips blend into each other when having them side by side in the video, thus removing the unnatural sharp edges. A blurred frame if you'd like.

Hi,
The easiest way to place a border around a clip is to "overlay" the clip with a border image in .png format of your own design, so that the centre of the overlay is transparent. This avoids having to resize each clip to fit "into" a blank space but does mean that you lose the border width of the image from the clip.

Alternatively, use a default or custom mask (normal or inverse) to allow the centre section of each clip to appear. Again a border width of clip is lost under the border.

If you need to keep the whole of the clip visible, then you will have to resize each clip to fit "within a border space" of your own design.

The exact approach will be determined by what you specifically want to achieve.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I want to add a blurred border so that the clips blend into each other when having them side by side in the video, thus removing the unnatural sharp edges. A blurred frame if you'd like.

This attached side by side by side video may be what the OP meant by a blurred border in between. This is accomplished with the PiP Designer and an alternative mask that the PM mentioned.
 Filename
Tomas E.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
Side by side video with blurred border in between.
 Filesize
1896 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
80 time(s)
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]

This attached side by side by side video may be what the OP meant by a blurred border in between. This is accomplished with the PiP Designer and an alternative mask that the PM mentioned.

Thanks! Yes, the video shows exactly how I want it to be. I confused things by speaking about a blurred frame.

I'm unfamiliar with using masks so I'll check out the online manual to begin with. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM