Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot drag fx into FX track
lauramelaniemusic [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 09, 2021 15:12 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello~

I'm trying to learn how to add timed lyrics to a video, so I need to learn keyframes.

I began the tutorial on keyframes from Cyberlink (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFXaP-EhQZs&t=44s), which starts by having you drag an fx onto an fx track.

I added an FX track, but I cannot drag an fx onto it. It grabs the fx, and then when I drag it down - nothing.

Thoughts, please?

Thank you~
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I began the tutorial on keyframes from Cyberlink (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFXaP-EhQZs&t=44s), which starts by having you drag an fx onto an fx track.

I added an FX track, but I cannot drag an fx onto it. It grabs the fx, and then when I drag it down - nothing.

Thoughts, please?

Thank you~

In that YT tutorial, a clip has to be on the video track. It can be a video clip or an image like Icefall.png on track 1 in order to allow an fx to be allowed to be dragged to the fx track underneath it in the tutorial. Things may have changed since PD9 10 years ago.
[Post New]

In that YT tutorial, a clip has to be on the video track. It can be a video clip or an image like Icefall.png on track 1 in order to allow an fx to be allowed to be dragged to the fx track underneath it in the tutorial. Things may have changed since PD9 10 years ago.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work either~
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I'm not sure what's going on, but the process is pretty straightforward. Take a look at this short video and see what happens when you try the same steps on your system. You should be able to use any FX:

If you're still not successful, please make a screen recording like I did and share a link to it on YouTube so we can see exactly what's happening
[Post New]
Quote I'm not sure what's going on, but the process is pretty straightforward. Take a look at this short video and see what happens when you try the same steps on your system. You should be able to use any FX:

If you're still not successful, please make a screen recording like I did and share a link to it on YouTube so we can see exactly what's happening

That makes absolutely perfect sense and is exactly how I would expect it to behave. But this is what I'm experiencing:
 Filename
fx drag.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
11105 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
29 time(s)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

That makes absolutely perfect sense and is exactly how I would expect it to behave. But this is what I'm experiencing:

Hi,

Only effects can be dragged to the fx track, color presets and LUTs (which also appear in the fx library) have to be dragged to the clip itself.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator