Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to activate a L & R audio track for the Rode Wireless GO II ??
Markus@BüssliTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2021 15:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I am thinking about upgrading my outdoor mic to the Rode Wireless GO II (Rode Wireless GO II).

Anyone of you using this along with the option to record a second 'backup' audio track with reduced gain/volume on one stereo channel while recording the main 'real/original' audio on the other stereo channel? So you can switch between one or the other whatever is better.

Or recording on mic transmitter on one stereo channel and the second transmitter on the other stereo channel, also to mix those later-on instead of having them combined immediately?

Cannot find an option to see both channels of the stereo audio track. Only see the one single combined stereo.
Potentially could open the audio in AudioDirector to chose the right one and mix it as required, but that would be an extra detour... ...more convenient to do this directly in PowerDirector.

Any experiences & recommendations using this Rode Wireless?
Or recommendations for another transmitter-receiver-set which plays nicely with PowerDirector?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Rather than trying to record on only one side of a stereo track, it's easier to simply record the 1 or 2 stereo mics on the Rode device and sync that clip with your camera audio on PD's timeline.

Ideally you'd make a sharp clapping sound at the begining to help the Sync by Audio tool, but that isn't needed if the audio has clearly distinct events, like talking or any music with a beat (that isn't endlessly looping). Syncing may not work well if one mic has wind or traffic noise or if the other mic is far from the focus of the other mic, so the loud clap will show up in the timeline waveform and should make it easy to visually sync the tracks.

Once you have the reacks synced it's straightforward to manually adjust the volume of each track directly on the timeline in PD; otherwise you can use the Audio Mix Room (F9)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am thinking about upgrading my outdoor mic to the Rode Wireless GO II (Rode Wireless GO II).

Anyone of you using this along with the option to record a second 'backup' audio track with reduced gain/volume on one stereo channel while recording the main 'real/original' audio on the other stereo channel? So you can switch between one or the other whatever is better.

Or recording on mic transmitter on one stereo channel and the second transmitter on the other stereo channel, also to mix those later-on instead of having them combined immediately?

Cannot find an option to see both channels of the stereo audio track. Only see the one single combined stereo.
Potentially could open the audio in AudioDirector to chose the right one and mix it as required, but that would be an extra detour... ...more convenient to do this directly in PowerDirector.

Any experiences & recommendations using this Rode Wireless?
Or recommendations for another transmitter-receiver-set which plays nicely with PowerDirector?

Hi,
Unfortunately, PDR cannot work with individual L/R channels on the timeline, so you will have to use AudioDirector to "mix" your 2 channels.

The facilities with your proposed setup could be very useful to avoid synching issues from 2 sources and to avoid oversaturation with changes of environment. I once did a wedding at a beautiful seashore venue (as a guest) so couldn't do a full setup. Had 1 camera with a rode videomic pro and at one point I tried to get both the vocal reading and the ambient wave sound by panning the camera over the audience but failed miserably! Ended up by having to do a lot of fancy arty shots of the sea, enhanced vocals, scrolling text etc. to cover up the mess. Had I had your proposed setup it would have given me a vocal on one channel and whatever I wanted to do with the camera on the other, which would have meant a much better outcome and editing experience.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator