Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Adding some space/gap on the timeline and move all remaining elements?
Markus@BüssliTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2021 15:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have a number of elements on a number of different tracks.
Now I want to add some space between two videos on track 1 to add any additional element.
All elements on all tracks shall also move synchonized while moving this one video.
How do I do this?
If it is a complex project with many tracks it is tricky to mark them manually.
Isn't there something where you can mark a range and just click 'add free space to this range'?
Thank you!

PowerDirector Version: 19.3.2724.0 (64-Bit)
Versionstyp: 365
SR-Number: VDE210222-02
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: Take any clip in the library and place it in the timeline where you want some space and choose Insert and move all clips. With the same clip highlighted choose Remove and leave gap.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Try this: Take any clip in the library and place it in the timeline where you want some space and choose Insert and move all clips. With the same clip highlighted choose Remove and leave gap.

For completeness, building on Tomasc's suggestion, you could use a colour board, insert and move all, extend the duration of the colourboard to produce the gap required, trim and move all, delete and leave gap.
Should give you the gap you need.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Markus@BüssliTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2021 15:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks to both of you! smile

Actually this is what I tried, but I realized not all tracks where moved correctly.
Usually the track where I entered the new element shifted correctly.
The other tracks also moved, but not to the correct position. Some picture-in-picture elements suddently where at a wrong position.

Was it a one-time glitch??
Will try again......