Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Preview Rendering Slow versus Final Rendering Fast --- why?
Markus@BüssliTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2021 15:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everybody,

I am very new to PowerDirector 365 and also still not too experienced in video editing...
...having a small Camper Van Youtube channel named Büssli-TV located in Switzerland.

Facing this issue:
The preview rendering is deadly slow and even for a range of just 1 min duration it takes ages.
While rendering the final video under 'produce' is quickly done even in Full-HD.

Based on the task manager, the preview rendering seems to be done by the CPU only (100% utilized) while not using the GPU at all (just 1%).
While the final produce rendering uses the GPU with 15-20% plus CPU in 100%.

Did as described in the FAQ...
Changing the preview resolution doesn't help much.
Boxes in settings-hardware acceleration are both activated.
Shadow/proxy files activated.

Plenty of memory, disk space,...
Older computer but based on the specs it should be still very fine.
Recently updated it from Win7 to Win10 and doing this switched from Magix Video Deluxe to Cyberlink PowerDirector.
Well, in Magix both rendering was very quick...

All drivers are up-to-date as per Dell Support Assist Software.

My video material is taken with Samsung Mobile UHD 30fps and two action cams 4k 30fps.
Added a couple of colour upgrading effects and increased brightness. Often I use picture-in-picture stuff.
So this is the final video: Video created

So what can I do??

The specs:

PowerDirector Version: 19.3.2724.0 (64-Bit)
Versionstyp: 365
SR-Number: VDE210222-02

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Language: German (Regional Setting: German)

System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Precision M6800
BIOS: BIOS Date: 06/13/19 04:43:45 Ver: A26.00 (type: BIOS)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4910MQ CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz

Memory RAM: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32708MB RAM
Page File: 7069MB used, 30501MB available

Internal SSD 1: 500GB [Kingston Hyper X (original from Dell)]
Internal SSD 2: 1000GB (Backup) [Kingston KC600 mSATA]
Internal SSD 3: 4000GB (Data) [Samsung 870 EVO]

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

GPU Card name: NVIDIA Quadro K4100M
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: Quadro K4100M
Display Memory: 20417 MB
Dedicated Memory: 4063 MB
[Thumb - Final Produce Rendering GPU Utilization.png]
 Filename
Final Produce Rendering GPU Utilization.png
[Disk]
 Description
Task Manager during Finale Produce Rendering
 Filesize
129 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
[Thumb - Preview Rendering GPU Utilization.png]
 Filename
Preview Rendering GPU Utilization.png
[Disk]
 Description
Task Manager during Preview Rendering
 Filesize
119 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
DXDiag Computer Specs
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
85 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for all the details.

Despite what the Dell assistant found, there does seem to be a newer nVidia driver for your Quadro K4100M. Your current driver is from 2017 and you can download the 2018 version from here.

Meanwhile the latest nVidia driver is only 1 year old but it can be challenging to install nVidia's "oem" drivers on Dell computers. The latest version (in German) is here if you'd like to give it a try.

As for the slow rendering, any color corrections (Look Up Tables/LUTs or Color Presets) will bog down every computer. See this discussion for more info.
Markus@BüssliTV [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2021 15:14 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for your reply!!

Quote Meanwhile the latest nVidia driver is only 1 year old but it can be challenging to install nVidia's "oem" drivers on Dell computers. The latest version (in German) is here if you'd like to give it a try.

Could install this driver.
Now, if I turn on the hardware accelleration, PowerDirector uses the GPU.
BUT: When I start the preview rendering it is significantly faster, but doesn't finish and stops anywhere in between.
No error message. It just stopped the preview rendering

Quote Meanwhile the latest nVidia driver is only 1 year old but it can be challenging to install nVidia's "oem" drivers on Dell computers. The latest version (in German) is here if you'd like to give it a try.

This driver cannot be installed. Seems to be your mentioned OEM issue. Any trick to force the system to install this driver?

Well not sure what to do now?
Roll-back to the original driver?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I can't quite tell since you quoted the same section of my post and gave two different answers, but it seems like you were able to update to the latest Dell version but could not update to a newer nVidia version. A Google/Bing search will give you many possible answers like this one.

Another option would be to contact CL tech support for assistance. You can reach them here.