Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Canon R6 videos are H265, why can't my new PD19 not read them?
Loonphotog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2021 11:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I now am shooting videos with my Canon R6 camera. I try to import them (H265 files) into my new PD19, it claims they are an unsupported format.
Handbrake easily reads the file and can convert to H264. I even payed Microsoft the 99 cents to get a copy of the HEVC codex.
What am I missing?

Thanks
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What am I missing?

Probably nothing. You might need to attach a sample video file for a better answer. My guess, Canon Log with HEVC 4:2:2 10-bit which PD would not support.

Option would be do conversion with HandBrake as you have noted or change camera settings to a format supported by PD and potentially give up some quality for compatibility.

Jeff
Loonphotog [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2021 11:24 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

Probably nothing. You might need to attach a sample video file for a better answer. My guess, Canon Log with HEVC 4:2:2 10-bit which PD would not support.

Option would be do conversion with HandBrake as you have noted or change camera settings to a format supported by PD and potentially give up some quality for compatibility.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff will try a different setting in camera.
Maliek [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: San Antonio, Texas USA Joined: Nov 10, 2012 12:01 Messages: 851 Offline
[Post New]

Thanks Jeff will try a different setting in camera.

Try using a setting that outputs to H.265 8bit /10bit 4:2:0. This would be supported by PowerDirector. The color sampling seems to be the issue with your file (4:2:2 vs 4:2:0)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07. 2021 08:34

BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I use 4:2:2 AVI all the time, if that adds anything to the conversation. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT