Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 16 DJI Pocket 2 4k/30fps Audio issue
SLIKA68 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 02, 2019 14:06 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Has anyone got any solutions to this problem? I have an issue where I load my clip into PD16 and the audio is like hearing a CD 44.1 MHz soundtrack get turned into a 128Kbps mp3 file.

I dont have this issue with my GoPro's so I'm confused as to whether its the Osmo Pocket 2 or the PD 16 software.

I'm using the Rode 2 Go mic set up and recording into the OP2 (Mono) which sounds fine on the original Video file. Once PD16 gets a hold its mush.

please help I just shed out a ton of money for this set up and thought I'd got a great audio/video combo until editing.

Thanks in advance

version - 16.0.3424.0
ULTIMATE
VDE181119-02
link to

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtVJrZhiTOjzhyp3gwucbrURY5yA?e=bjtaKN
 Filename
DxDiag slika68.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
83 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
115 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for all the details. I'm not sure what you're saying in the name of your produced clip - that you didn't check the "Fast video rendering technology" box, and that you experience the same issue at 30p as 120p? Maybe some more context would help, and it would be great to have the original clip from your drone to compare it to.

PD 16 is at the most recent release, and your AMD GPU driver looks ok but I think there's a newer version out.

At the end of the DxDiag results there have been crashes of VLC (it's now at v3.0.14 while you're at 3.0.11) and WMP. These suggest that there may be problems with Windows core files, and you may want to try running the two commands in this post to see if any issues can be quickly found and repaired.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 28. 2021 19:52

SLIKA68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Thanks for all the details. I'm not sure what you're saying in the name of your produced clip - that you didn't check the "Fast video rendering technology" box, and that you experience the same issue at 30p as 120p? Maybe some more context would help, and it would be great to have the original clip from your drone to compare it to.

Your AMD GPU driver looks ok but I think there's a newer version out.

At the end of the DxDiag results there have been crashes of VLC (it's now at v3.0.14 while you're at 3.0.11) and WMP. These suggest that there may be problems with Windows core files, and you may want to try running the two commands in this post to see if any issues can be quickly found and repaired.

Let me clarify

the issue isn't with the video output. The issue seems to be with the audio file of the DJI pocket 2, which isn't a drone.

The main file (link below) of the original which is clear.

VLC player was installed yeserday I thin and I was under the impression it was the mosty up to date I've updated to the version youve mentioned and have the same issue.
Here is the original file:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtVJrZhiTOjzhyzPViiKItTObhyB?e=Z1aWjs

and here is a render I have just done :
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtVJrZhiTOjzhy0yFTVGEL57RuB6?e=MEfbwv

If you could check these out, I am running a scannow routine and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for you help, I appreciate it

I have just dopne a video test with my GoPro8 and this is fine.

Which is even more confusing as there is an issue somewhere.
SLIKA68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ive done the scan.

I have attached the file and pic of the scan result.
[Thumb - Scannow result.png]
 Filename
Scannow result.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
207 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1 time(s)
 Filename
CBS.log
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
6356 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
87 time(s)
SLIKA68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No Joy after the scan and repair.
this is the output file
https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtVJrZhiTOjzhy4J3-r9PM8GSHH_?e=8Hvaov
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I think we need to be on the same page regarding the audio. I used MediaInfo for the following stats:

The original clip is AAC LC audio with an audio bit rate of 192kb/s, while both of your produced clips are AAC LC but at 384kb/s. I'm not clear why the title of the 3rd clip includes "328 kbps," but either way it seems like that up-conversion from 192kb/s is where the problem comes in.

For completeness, the original video is AVC 3840x2160 29.97fps with a video bit rate of 80Mb/s, while your first clip is AVC 1920x1080 119.88fps @ 65.2Mb/s and the 3rd clip is 1920x1080 30.00fps @ 65.5Mb/s.

I don't have PD16, but I used the Profile Analyzer in PD17 to create a matching profile for your clip and have put the profile and the produced clip in this OneDrive folder.

The clip there is AVC 3840x2160 29.97fps @ 83.1Mb/s and the audio is AAC LC 192kb/s just like the original clip. I produced using my nVidia GPU but SVRT is also available which means no rendering is needed.

If you're happy with that clip, you can add the custom profile to your system. To do that you'll need to open up your copy of Profile.ini with PD closed. I believe it's located in the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure folder.

Copy the contents of the OneDrive .ini file and paste them to the end of your Profile.ini file and save it. When you open up your project again in PD, you'll see the new profile on the AVC MP4 tab under the Custom drop-down menu.
optodata
[Post New]
Quote Ive done the scan.

I have attached the file and pic of the scan result.

Yeah, you've got some serious issues. Try running sfc/scannow again and see if things improve. You may need to run it 3 or 4 times before everything is resolved.

After that, it's a Reset this PC or reinstall Windows opportunity, but these issues don't appear to be the main cause of the audio. I think it's the output profiles you've been using.
SLIKA68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote I think we need to be on the same page regarding the audio. I used MediaInfo for the following stats:

The original clip is AAC LC audio with an audio bit rate of 192kb/s, while both of your produced clips are AAC LC but at 384kb/s. I'm not clear why the title of the 3rd clip includes "328 kbps," but either way it seems like that up-conversion from 192kb/s is where the problem comes in.

For completeness, the original video is AVC 3840x2160 29.97fps with a video bit rate of 80Mb/s, while your first clip is AVC 1920x1080 119.88fps @ 65.2Mb/s and the 3rd clip is 1920x1080 30.00fps @ 65.5Mb/s.

I don't have PD16, but I used the Profile Analyzer in PD17 to create a matching profile for your clip and have put the profile and the produced clip in this OneDrive folder.

The clip there is AVC 3840x2160 29.97fps @ 83.1Mb/s and the audio is AAC LC 192kb/s just like the original clip. I produced using my nVidia GPU but SVRT is also available which means no rendering is needed.

If you're happy with that clip, you can add the custom profile to your system. To do that you'll need to open up your copy of Profile.ini with PD closed. I believe it's located in the C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\16.0\UserConfigure folder.

Copy the contents of the OneDrive .ini file and paste them to the end of your Profile.ini file and save it. When you open up your project again in PD, you'll see the new profile on the AVC MP4 tab under the Custom drop-down menu.

I appreciate the detail in your repsonse. I understand what you are saying about up-conversion and it was something I wondered. The problem still remains however.
Listening to the audio to the clip you provided I can still hear the degenerated audio when I don't get that from GoPro once the clip is produced.

Original Audio for both GoPro and the Mini 2 are both the same quality in the original Mp4 files.

For some reason I don't get this with the GoPro clip.

Thanks for taking time to raise my awareness to the profiles.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2021 02:47

SLIKA68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
[Just wanted to say I managed to sort the issue but not in a way I'd hoped.

I'm now subscribed to Adobe and managed to get the audio working without issue.
I have posted the updated file here.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtVJrZhiTOjzhzEfnI_FBtrO_ukF?e=Tblya3

Thanks again for your help, sorry the file links had different output values, I was trying any way I could to get the audio to clean up, as it worked fine with gopro and the bitrates for the audio were similar between gopro and Osmo P2.

Its not the solution to the issue as I'm sure others may come across this at some point.

Thanks again Optodata

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 29. 2021 10:59

AdeG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2022 06:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Same issue here with PD17 in combination with the DJI pocket 2 (1080/50p)

MP4s produced by the camera sound fine, but when imported (and even not placed on the timeline, or produced) in PD, they sound like an mp3 with a 64kbps bitrate. Especially with higher frequencies.

I read that the issue in PD18 is still present.

Any resolution yet, except using other editing software?
SLIKA68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Same issue here with PD17 in combination with the DJI pocket 2 (1080/50p)

MP4s produced by the camera sound fine, but when imported (and even not placed on the timeline, or produced) in PD, they sound like an mp3 with a 64kbps bitrate. Especially with higher frequencies.

I read that the issue in PD18 is still present.

Any resolution yet, except using other editing software?

Sorry No i didnt. Ive been using Adobe Premiere with no issues. I think its safe to say that there is something in the conversion process. Not had any other responses from Cyberlink
AdeG [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 08, 2022 06:40 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I tried also PD 365 and still the same issue !! (when clip is not yet on the timeline.)

Video output (MKV / 28Mbps) is great when played back on my Mede8er 450x2s player, but sound is garbage.

Now trying Davinci Resolve, good audio, but video choppy when panning.... (tried various bitrates, quality settings and native/nvidia encoder)

What else to try? Adobe Premiere (elements?)

There must be more DJI owners who work with PD ??
SLIKA68 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yeah you'd think.

Knowing i had an earlier version of PD makes me wonder how no one else has reported issues. Sorry to hear you are having issues.

Adobe Premiere is worth it for me, and although it has its issues, it quite consistent in its stability.