Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendering Taking Forever
Munro Flyer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2020 11:25 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folks, my 4k 60fps videos are taking forevery to render, there usually about 17 to 23 minutes long and render time is taking about 8 - 10 hours. I usually add a fade in and out, do some colour correction in colour director, some speed ramping and add some music tracks. I have quite a powerfull pc, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 3700X Processor, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 super 8192MB Graphics Card, Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600 MHz Ram and i work off a Samsung SSD 970 EVO plus M.2 NVMe 250 GB drive. I have rendered a few of the same videos in the free edition of Davinci Resolve 16 and it only takes a quarter of the time.

Any help would be most appreciated.
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote do some colour correction in colour director, some speed ramping and add some music tracks

Color corrections in PD or CD are extremely time consuming, more than likely this is the source of your long encodes if large areas corrected. Really not much one can do with same hardware, color corrections are CPU intensive, often one can gain a little unloading decoding from CPU and having GPU do the decode, set in pref.

Jeff
Munro Flyer [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 25, 2020 11:25 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
The amount we pay for PD 365 you'd think they could make it a bit more brisk, if the free version of davinci resolve can render the same videos in a quarter of the time then surley cyberlink can work on its products to speed up render times.