Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
use a .jpeg file in video
misshinryu [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 01, 2021 14:53 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I want to use a picture saved in .jpeg as part of my title in video.
How do I get it there?
Thank you.
Mike
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
There are more ways to get a JPEG (or .JPG) file into a video. Making it image file (like JPG) part of a title is also possible.
To get JPG files into a video, simply insert the image file(s) into the media room, like you do with video clips, and then drag them onto the timeline on the place you want to.
There are many examples on YouTube, but look at this from the most famous Sharper Turtle.
Making a JPG file part of the title is possible in the title editor by selecting and inserting an image.
Also see an example in a tutorial by Sharper Turtle.

With many of the PowerDirector questions at least that is what I do when I get stuck) is try to find an example on YouTube. Mostly examples are out their from Sharper Turtle, PowerDirector University and Steve Grisetti (to name a view of the famous), but there are many more out there. And... Cyberlink itself also has some good tutorials online.
Have fun!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 20. 2021 04:26

AVPlayVideo
Senior Contributor Location: Home Joined: Apr 06, 2016 19:03 Messages: 703 Offline
[Post New]
It seems to me you want to use a captured image of the video, if so, locate the image in the video, right click and select Edit video / Freeze Frame.
The image will be inserted into the video at the position that was captured.
Option, press the “Ctrl + P” keys to capture a photo of the video, saved in a folder.
It will be available in the media room XEON-E5-2680 v4 / Mem. 16GB DDR4
M.2 NVME 512Gb / 2-SSD Sata3 1TB
AMD RX570 / Display Philips 272V8
Windows 11_64Pro / PD22/365
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Mike -

Definitely check out the suggestions Warry has made about tutorials & examples, & use the snapshot/freeze frame feature if that's what you're after.

To combine your JPG with a title, you can do it two ways (probably more):

1. Place the JPG & the title on separate tracks, or

2. Insert the JPG into your title in Title Designer

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!