Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Won't Pan Left or Right
RunnerDuck [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2015 20:01 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I have tried everything I can think of and my AD will not pan left or right. I have 11 Ultra on a Windows 10 Machine.

I've tried the slider in both the Mix and Edit screens an nothing happens.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

By the way panning works perfectly in my DAW on the same music files.
[Post New]
Hello RunnerDuck -

Panning is working here in ADR11.

Here's a short piece showing keyframes set for panning between L/R > L > R > L/R. Playback reflects keyframes set.

""

Here's the produced file. Playback is correct.

""

The same result is achieved in the Mix module.

""

Please find attached the original file used for the screenshots above & the produced file with panning. Could you please test those files in your ADR & report what you find?

Could you also explain briefly what steps you're taking in PDR.

PIX
 Filename
Classical Guitar.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
718 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
 Filename
Classical Guitar Pan.wma
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
718 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
163 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
RunnerDuck [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you PIX but I've tried both of those things. What I've done to test it is turn one insturment to Solo. Then I drag the pan bar up and done and I hear no difference in my headphones. When I do that with my DAW it goes from full left to full right.

I wonder if I have a deeper problem with something.

Atached is the version information from my software.
[Thumb - Audio Director.jpg]
 Filename
Audio Director.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Audio Director Version
 Filesize
67 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
2 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
You've got the latest AD version, so it sounds like you must be missing something with your edits or else there may be a serious problem with your specific clip.

Here's a test project I just made in the Mix room and everything works just as PIX showed:

Try downloading the packed project from this OneDrive folder (no need to sign in) and see if it works on your end. If it does, see if it works with your clip.

The quickest way to substitute your clip for the existing track is to place a copy of your clip in the same downloaded folder as the project, then with AD closed, rename Classical Guitar.wma to something else and name your clip as Classical Guitar.wma (even if it's MP3 or another type).

When you open the packed project you should see your clip with the same panning keyframes. If that still doesn't pan for some reason you should probably share that clip here so we can test it.
[Post New]
Excellent work optodata!

Here's a screen capture showing a multi-instrument/track piece in the Mix module.

The screen capture was recording my system audio and L/R panning can be heard in playback.

Try optodata's project & let us know if you're able to shine any light on your issue.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
RunnerDuck [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Optodata, that worked.

I'm not sure what was going on but after I ran your experiment and it worked. I loaded the MP3 file I had saved from my project. It worked as well without changing it to wma files.

I opened up my original project and it didn't work.

I created a new project, imported all the MP3 files I saved from my project and they work perfectly. Something fishy was going on but once again I'm a happy camper.

Thanks again to you and PIX for your kind and good assistance!

Ken 🥁