Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Uploading video to my YouTube Account.
[Post New]
I have 6 videos already uploaded on my YouTube Account the last one of which was probably about a year ago.
So this time I got to the stage where I have to get permission from Cyberlink PowerDirector to upload it and everything stops!
Google seems to have got involved.
It says you need to use a different browser.
How would I know what browser I am using?
I have no idea that a browser was being involved.
How can I choose a different browser?
Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2021 11:39

Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There is now a requirement that each uploaded video is either "safe for kids" or not, and that must be declared when uploading. You didn't mention the version number of PD14, so you may want to check for an update (use this page) to make sure you have the latest version which might help when producing straight to YouTube.

In my opinion, it's better to produce locally to your hard drive and then simply upload directly to your YouTube account using your preferred browser.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2021 13:05

[Post New]
Quote There is now a requirement that each uploaded video is either "safe for kids" or not, and that must be declared when uploading. You didn't mention the version number of PD14, so you may want to check for an update (use this page) to make sure you have the latest version which might help when producing straight to YouTube.

In my opinion, it's better to produce locally to your hard drive and then simply upload directly to your YouTube account using your preferred browser.

This is the PD version - 14.0.427.0 (pity you can't copy and paste the number)

I can't see anything about "safe for kids" requirement. However I imagine a video of sunsets is safe for kids.

Lastly though I seem to remember something about producing to my hard drive and then uploading from there the last time I did it (about a year ago so I have forgetten how to do that in any case). So could you please help me with that?

Thanks again.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I paraphrased the "safe for kids" part. It's actually called "Made for kids" and here are the details.

From the Produce page, instead of using the Online tab you'll want to select Standard 2D and then choose the file format and other settings. These are normally based on your source clips, so if for example your timeline has 4K 25p AVC clips you'd want to match that on the Profile type section to get the highest quality:

Once it's produced it will be in the location specified in the Output folder setting (at the bottom of the page, under the left side of the preview window).

Then you simply need to click on the Create button in your browser once you're logged in to your YT account and choose Upload videos:

That's where you'll fill in all relevent details. You also have more options that uploading directly from PD gives you, such as the ability to have an unlisted video - where anybody with the link can view it but it can't be found by searching (Public) and isn't limited to only specific people you choose (Private).

[Post New]
Quote Sorry, I paraphrased the "safe for kids" part. It's actually called "Made for kids" and here are the details.

From the Produce page, instead of using the Online tab you'll want to select Standard 2D and then choose the file format and other settings. These are normally based on your source clips, so if for example your timeline has 4K 25p AVC clips you'd want to match that on the Profile type section to get the highest quality:

Once it's produced it will be in the location specified in the Output folder setting (at the bottom of the page, under the left side of the preview window).

Then you simply need to click on the Create button in your browser once you're logged in to your YT account and choose Upload videos:

That's where you'll fill in all relevent details. You also have more options that uploading directly from PD gives you, such as the ability to have an unlisted video - where anybody with the link can view it but it can't be found by searching (Public) and isn't limited to only specific people you choose (Private).

Thanks for that and now I remember that that is how I did it the last time.
I made the video and then uploaded to YouTube and Facebook.
Cheers,
Phil.