Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing the chroma key background in all parts of a split timeline
Tomas E [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 07, 2019 11:51 Messages: 81 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to change the chroma key background in a split timeline all at once? That would simplify things since I've made a lot of splits, and adding them manually for each clip will take a lot of time. PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
32 GB RAM
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
I think I know how to do it. Isn't it just to delete all clips and add the new one as a non split image?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2021 11:43

PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
32 GB RAM
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
Okay, so that worked. But I will have to add the fades once more. Would be great to have another alternative for doing this. Another way would be to replace the first and last clips individually to retain the fades.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2021 11:48

PowerDirector 19 Ultimate, Windows 10
32 GB RAM
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
This is mostly a workflow issue, and it sounds like you've figured out that it's better to make those significant changes first before splitting the clip into other sections. Use this from now on and you'll save yourself time and headaches ๐Ÿ‘
Tomas E [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote This is mostly a workflow issue, and it sounds like you've figured out that it's better to make those significant changes first before splitting the clip into other sections. Use this from now on and you'll save yourself time and headaches ๐Ÿ‘

I guess my question is based on that I'm used to work with DAWs primarily. There you can split the soundbites, replace, glue them together and so on independently on each track.

I usually use the same chroma key background, but this time I got a new idea that was more suitable in this particular case. That's something you cannot decide beforehand. Ideas pop up when you least expect it. ๐Ÿ˜Š

But I agree that good planning is to prefer, that's how I work most of the time. ๐Ÿ˜Š