Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi-title Disc Menus
Mike M. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2020 00:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
With some help, I've been able to get most of the way to finishing a multi-title project but am hoping to improve it a little bit before I start burning it to disc.

My project has two titles each with chapters.

Currently, the root menu has two text buttons, Play and Scenes.

The Play button plays the first title and the Scenes button takes me to the titles menu.

The titles menu has two buttons, one for each title. These buttons take me to the first chapters menu for each title.

What I hope to do, is to add two buttons to the titles menu that play each title rather than taking me to the chapter menu for that title.

Is this possible?

Thanks!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
No. You don’t need the root menu. You need to delete all the chapters in both titles and you may want to set the playback mode to play the selected title only. This is the simplest way to achieve what you want.
Mike M. [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2020 00:36 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No. You don’t need the root menu. You need to delete all the chapters in both titles and you may want to set the playback mode to play the selected title only. This is the simplest way to achieve what you want.

Hi tomasc,

I realize you're giving me practical advice about how to achieve my desired outcome with an apparently flawed piece of software, but I don't think it's unreasonable to want to be able to create a disc with more than one title and for the titles to have chapters.

If PowerDirector is not able to create a video disc with multiple titles and for the titles to have chapters, I think I'll have to find other video editing software.

Thanks for your suggestion.