Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Aspect Ratio Issue
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
While Editing a image,I have unchecked " Maintain Aspect ratio" under scale option in PIP designer so that aspect ratio won't get change by itself .
But when i cropped the image , the aspect ratio get changes itself
Is there any way to lock aspect ratio ...........?

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mohitk -

If you want the aspect ratio to stay the same, you need to leave Maintain Aspect Ratio checked!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, just like Tony said.

Leave that box checked. By unchecking it you can independently resize either edge, wheras when the box is checked, both edges will stay in sync as you resize the frame.

I'm not sure what you mean by not wanting the AR to "change by itself"

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 07. 2021 12:34

mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi mohitk -

If you want the aspect ratio to stay the same, you need to leave Maintain Aspect Ratio checked!

Cheers - Tony

You are Wrong. I've found the solution of my problem.
No matter, Whether you have checked or unchecked the Maintain Aspect Ratio in PIP designer, if u crop any image by 'freeform' way then the aspect ratio in PIP Designer will get itself changed.

One need to crop image under certain aspect ratio like 16:9,9:16..etc. So that aspect ratio in PIP designer won't get changed.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi mohitk -

I've been wrong before, so I'm used to it by now.

What you've discovered is that the two functions you're using are completely unrelated.

In PiP Designer, checking or unchecking the Maintain Aspect Ratio option has NOTHING to do with what you do in Crop Image.

You can check or uncheck all you like in PiP Designer, but the options selected in Crop Image will override it. Maintain Aspect Ratio in PiP Designer applies to the image in PiP Designer. It's not a fixed/permanent setting fro that image.

Happy to help - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!