Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi res photos
2010McKinney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2007 18:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I imported 2 hi res photos to add to the timeline ahead of my video. When I highlight the photos, in the media area, they look great but when I move them to the timeline they playback at a much lower quality. They are 24 bit JPG. Both are over 4 MB. Any ideas?

Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi McKinney -

What you're seeing is almost certainly a preview window issue... which does not reflect the quality of the final produced file. It can be quite alarming when you know the original quality is high.

Have you tried producing your project yet?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
2010McKinney [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 25, 2007 18:37 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tony and thanks for the response. I have not yet produced the video as I was waiting to see if there was something obvious that I was missing. You are correct, it is a preview window issue. After receiving your response, I played with the buttons under the preview window and was able to switch to hi-preview resolution. Big difference!

Thanks Again!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
... and even better when you produce the file. Even the High Quality setting (preview) is not as good as the final prouction.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi,

Have you changed the default setting for 3D Slideshow to BETTER QUALITY ?

The setting is located from:

EDIT > PREFERENCES > PRODUCE

I found that changing the default setting made a significant difference in the quality of photo slideshows and how PD8 handles any still photo used in a production.

Good luck
HARDWARE: ASUS i7 2.6 Ghz, 6GB DDR3, Nivada GeForce 9800GT 1GB, SATAII 1TB, WIN7 64bit