Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
First try
Eric Johnson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2020 14:25 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
My impression was that I needed Power2Go for the task of taking music from a CD and placing it on a USB stick. These will be used in a new auto that I purchased . . . 2021 Ford Explorer

I downloaded the trial version and installed it.

When I ran Power2Go I launched the demo version. Then I selected "Media Converter" and then "Audio CD to Mobile Device."

The CD player was recognized and launched. A graphic displayed the tracks as they copied from the source.

After what I thought was the transfer to the USB stick, the process ended.

Then I went to the car and plugged it in. There were some housekeeping chores (indexing and another step).

When I then tried to play the stick there was nothing there or at least nothing in the right format it seemed.

What did I do wrong?
Eric Johnson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Never mind. I forgot to dismount the ISB stick correctly. Went back and tried again with the proper removal of the stick and it woks just fine,

Do have a question. If the first CD copied doesn't use up the USB stick, what do I need to do to change the CD and press ahead?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That function crashes on the P2Go11 on my pc. Don’t use that trial version. Use the working version in the MediaSuite you claim to have. The rip function I replied to in the last post works to put the mp3 files on the pc. You then copy them to the usb flash drive.

Unless someone has a copy of P2Go that does not crash to do what you try to do then you may want to contact Cyberlink support to report the error or bug as I don’t use that function. You could check that usb flash drive to see if those really are mp3 files or wait for someone else to respond.
Eric Johnson [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote That function crashes on the P2Go11 on my pc. Don’t use that trial version. Use the working version in the MediaSuite you claim to have. The rip function I replied to in the last post works to put the mp3 files on the pc. You then copy them to the usb flash drive.

Unless someone has a copy of P2Go that does not crash to do what you try to do then you may want to contact Cyberlink support to report the error or bug as I don’t use that function. You could check that usb flash drive to see if those really are mp3 files or wait for someone else to respond.

I got a good copy that plays in the car. So, I immediately ordered the upgrade to Power2Go. They claim the 30 day version is a full version for the first 30 days after which it downgrades itself.

Once I remembered the correct way to remove the USB stick, it was smooth sailing.

Thanks.