Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Activating 3rd-party effects, transitions, etc., that come with PD19
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I edited a video several years ago with PD14. When I load it into my new PD19 Ultimate, all of the New Blue effects and Titler Pro1.0 appear with a red X across the image (see image below). The Boris FX do not have this problem. Similarly, the ProDad transitions have icons in the transition window (see below), but clicking on them does nothing. How do I activate/access the New Blue and ProDad items?

(I'm sure I asked the same question when I bought PD14, but that's been several years ago...

Afterthought: it’s not just a problem with the old imported project. All the New Blue effects in the media room have the same watermark.
[Thumb - prodad transitions.JPG]
 Filename
prodad transitions.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
21 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
[Thumb - new blue auto zoom.JPG]
 Filename
new blue auto zoom.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
93 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
7 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 02. 2021 21:45

Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
That just means they need to be registered (again).

You didn't mention if PD14 was on this same machine but one way to take care of this would be to run the PD14 installer (no need to uninstall PD14 if it's still installed, and probably no need to uninstall PD19) then make sure you update PD14 to the final version (4207) from the official updates page. The plug-ins should all be activated at that point regardless of which PD version you use.

If you no longer have the PD14 installer you'll need to contact CL customer service as mentioned in the FAQs.
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote That just means they need to be registered (again).

You didn't mention if PD14 was on this same machine but one way to take care of this would be to run the PD14 installer (no need to uninstall PD14 if it's still installed, and probably no need to uninstall PD19) then make sure you update PD14 to the final version (4207) from the official updates page. The plug-ins should all be activated at that point regardless of which PD version you use.

If you no longer have the PD14 installer you'll need to contact CL customer service as mentioned in the FAQs.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try!
Richmond Dan
[Post New]
Quote That just means they need to be registered (again).

Yes, I have both PD14 and PD19 installed on the same computer. I did as you suggested: I ran the PD14 installer, which UNinstalled PD14 then re-installed it. I entered my product key and activated PD14, then updated to 4207. PD14 is working fine, but the New Blue plug-ins for PD19 still have the watermark. I have updated PD19 to 2808. Any thoughts regarding next steps (and thanks, in advance)?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2021 09:19

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I've purchased some NewBlue FX separately and so I have an account there. It's very easy to log in and activate the licenses and reset them if there are too many machines (past installs). All of the packs are listed under my account there, including the ones bundled with PD.

However I don't think you can do that if you've never purchased anything from NewBlue, so your best bet would be to contact CL tech support/customer service directly so they can advise you. Here's the main contact page.
Richmond Dan
[Post New]
Quote I've purchased some NewBlue FX separately and so I have an account there. It's very easy to log in and activate the licenses and reset them if there are too many machines (past installs). All of the packs are listed under my account there, including the ones bundled with PD.

However I don't think you can do that if you've never purchased anything from NewBlue, so your best bet would be to contact CL tech support/customer service directly so they can advise you. Here's the main contact page.

I've contacted them...thanks.