Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it possible to overlay two audio tracks over sound recorded with a video?
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
I have narration on the audio track of my video. On track 4 audio I have some quiet background music. Then partway through the video I want to also bring in some nature sounds. I tried to do this by putting these sounds on track 2 audio but as soon as the play head gets to this point the music on track 4 audio stops...it is blocked by the nature sounds on track 2.

Is it possible to have 3 audio channels playing simultaneously? If so, I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for any suggestions... Regards,
Dan
Power Director 21-Ultimate
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
Intel Core i9-10900 processor
(10 core, 20M Cache),
32GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVME SSD, 2TB 7200 RPM SATA HDD,
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB GDDR6
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Any chance you are previewing the timeline in clip mode vs movie mode? Use Pg Down on keyboard to get to movie mode priot to timeline playback preview and see if playback is then correct as a mix of all audio tracks.

Jeff
Richmond Dan
Senior Contributor Location: Richmond, VA Joined: Aug 07, 2014 17:17 Messages: 673 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Any chance you are previewing the timeline in clip mode vs movie mode? Use Pg Down on keyboard to get to movie mode priot to timeline playback preview and see if playback is then correct as a mix of all audio tracks.

Jeff

No, I don't think so because the audio won't play in the preview window whether I click on it in the Media Room or in the timeline. Must be something about the audio format, because I used HandBrake to convert the clip from MTS to MP4 and it plays fine. See the attached MedioInfo image for the parameters of the one that wouldn't play. Is there something in there that PD doesn't do well with?
[Thumb - ambient sounds audio and video specs.JPG]
 Filename
ambient sounds audio and video specs.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
59 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Regards,
Dan
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
(10 core, 20M Cache),
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote No, I don't think so because the audio won't play in the preview window whether I click on it in the Media Room or in the timeline. Must be something about the audio format, because I used HandBrake to convert the clip from MTS to MP4 and it plays fine. See the attached MedioInfo image for the parameters of the one that wouldn't play. Is there something in there that PD doesn't do well with?

That now is useful information.

The source clip has DD, see this https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84986.page#351806

Jeff
Richmond Dan
[Post New]

That now is useful information.

The source clip has DD, see this https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/84986.page#351806

Jeff

Thanks...I'll try the fix! It's interesting that in my case, it not only didn't play the audio file with DD on track 2 but it also blocked the music on track 4.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2021 16:30

Regards,
Dan
v 21.0.3111.0
XPS-8940, Win-10 64-bit,
(10 core, 20M Cache),