Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youtube video templates are a Joke and totally useless.
Yayo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2017 00:44 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
For the price of 50 USD for the template I expect to be drag and drop to replace the images and videos in the template. I found out all the template is just a video where you cannot simply the placeholders with your own videos.

Check the attached images.
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-04-30 225208.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-04-30 225208.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
236 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
11 time(s)
[Thumb - Screenshot 2021-04-30 224414.png]
 Filename
Screenshot 2021-04-30 224414.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
424 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The price may indicate it as the suggested value for subscibers who gets it free.
Yayo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote The price may indicate it as the suggested value for subscibers who gets it free.

So people pay a subscription in the hope to get a good Template where they only need to replace videos and images but instead they get something that is totally useless?
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
There seems to be something wrong with the YouTube templates.

If I download an Express Project from DirectorZone, I get the normal placeholders that allow custom clips to be dragged and dropped onto to change the content. However the video templates in both of the YT template packs only seem to contain the demo videos and the clean template but none have any placeholders:

I think this issue should be reported to CL tech support so they can either address the issue or give us clear instructions on how to use these since they are completely different from the other express projects/video templates that their tutorial shows.

Yayo, if you paid for this pack and don't want to wait for a fix, you can request a refund as long as it's within 30 days of your purchase.
bjtap1 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Nov 19, 2010 21:36 Messages: 79 Offline
[Post New]
I found the same thing as optodata, but didn't realize the problem pointed out. By that I mean I am still not sure on the differences between video templates and theme designer. These you tube templates do not show in my theme designer but do show in video templates. When using one of these youtube templates I was able to change the text and that is how I thought they were designed.

I would appreciate someone either explaining the difference between theme designer and video templates or point me in the right direction. (I never used these items before yesterday but I did find theme designer did allow me to place my own videos in the placeholders). I am assuming 'express projects' is now an obsolete term.
Thanks,
Barry

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 30. 2021 14:50

optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I haven't used video templates before either and I might easily be missing the point of how they work, but they clearly don't work like the embedded tutorial (for Express Projects) shows.

For some of these templates, all that needs to be done is to enter the desired text and everything works great. However, on ones like OP chose, you have do some additional work to manually resize and possibly mask your content to fit into the frames like this:

That doesn't really solve the problem though, because the frames are animated (they change shape and move around before settling into their final locations) and you'd have to do a bunch of keyframing on each clip to match your added content to all that activity.

In addition, the webpages showing the content of the two YT packs are significantly wrong. OP's template is the 3rd one down in the right column in the Vol 2. collection, but it wasn't on my machine after installing that pack because it's actually contained in Vol 1.

Also, none of the 6 "tech" templates shown in the Vol 1 page are present because they're actually in Vol 2, so it seems pretty clear to me that this didn't get rolled out smoothly and that's why I suggested reporting the issue(s).
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Agreed optodata!

Without placeholders, these cannot function as Express Projects... though they're fine as Title templates.

I put in a support ticket but, by now, I think CL would be aware of the issue.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I think I would agree that something has gone awry with this release!

I would recommend that someone submit a ticket referencing this Topic to get the issue formally into the normal CS system.
I will try and expedite the issue from my side, but I believe it is a holiday weekend in Taipei so my contact pathway may not be accessible until Monday.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Yayo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

I think I would agree that something has gone awry with this release!

I would recommend that someone submit a ticket referencing this Topic to get the issue formally into the normal CS system.
I will try and expedite the issue from my side, but I believe it is a holiday weekend in Taipei so my contact pathway may not be accessible until Monday.

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Thanks everyone for reply. I will wait for a fix.
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Folk,

The usage of the contents of the Youtube Vol 1&2 packs has been clarified as follows:

Youtube Studio has the facilty to add End Screens (amongst other things).
These are found either on uploading a new video, or on the details screen of existing videos.
The Creative Effect packs contain project intros and project end screens of the same design and AR for ease of use.
The End Screens do not function as " PDR templates" as such, but do give design "placeholders" for use with YouTube Studio, to allow you to place appropriate linked videos as a closing end screen to a video.

A good illustration is in this tutorial, particularly starting at 4:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgp0utWXyjY

Hope that makes things clearer!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator
Yayo [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi Folk,

The usage of the contents of the Youtube Vol 1&2 packs has been clarified as follows:

Youtube Studio has the facilty to add End Screens (amongst other things).
These are found either on uploading a new video, or on the details screen of existing videos.
The Creative Effect packs contain project intros and project end screens of the same design and AR for ease of use.
The End Screens do not function as " PDR templates" as such, but do give design "placeholders" for use with YouTube Studio, to allow you to place appropriate linked videos as a closing end screen to a video.

A good illustration is in this tutorial, particularly starting at 4:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgp0utWXyjY

Hope that makes things clearer!!

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator

Yes, this clarify everything. So the behaviour is correct. Thanks for the answer.
optodata
[Post New]
Yes, thanks very much for explaining this. BTW you can set up links to YT videos to start at the exact time you want, so here's PDM's link but a few seconds earlier to see the start of that relevant section: https://youtu.be/Tgp0utWXyjY?t=284

(the ?t= ending addition tells the linked vid to start that many seconds in. 284 sec = 4m44s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 03. 2021 14:01