Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Best way to sync audio and video?
mohitk [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 07, 2019 11:15 Messages: 56 Offline
[Post New]
Suppose if i have to sync three videos with one original video so where should i place my original video?
Track 1 or can i place it on any track..
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
My tutorial on multicamera editing may be helpful.

This tutorial was made with an older version of the program. The Multicamera Editor is now under the program's Plugins menu.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2021 07:32

mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote My tutorial on multicamera editing may be helpful.

This tutorial was made with an older version of the program. The Multicamera Editor is now under the program's Plugins menu.

No, I don't made multicamera video. I need help for making multi reaction video like this where i have to sync multiple videos
[Thumb - hqdefault(1).jpg]
 Filename
hqdefault(1).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
48 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
Isn't that the very definition of multicam video?

But maybe I'm misunderstanding. Is your project several video sources of the same event?

If not, what do you mean when you say you want to "sync" them?
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Isn't that the very definition of multicam video?

But maybe I'm misunderstanding. Is your project several video sources of the same event?

If not, what do you mean when you say you want to "sync" them?

Actually, All video has same audio and different photo.
Now i have to sync all video to match same audio.

If u still don't understand then watch this video to understand. This video is made by someone else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9XHotRLaFY

I want to make this kind of video. Hope u understand now

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 27. 2021 11:01

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Suppose if i have to sync three videos with one original video so where should i place my original video?

Track 1 is okay.
mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Waiting for moderator reply..
Warry [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: The Netherlands Joined: Oct 13, 2014 11:42 Messages: 853 Offline
[Post New]
Did you try this:
Assuming that all videos the "connecting" sound is clearly noticeable, drag the videos into the timeline, each video on its own track.
It will be some work to give each video its place in the resulting video, but you may want to set the size of the first clip and then do a copy / past of the attributes of the first clip onto all the others to give them an equal size and them move each clip to its correct place.
Then you can sync the audio simply by selection all videos in all tracks, and click on the Sync by Audio. I have tested this with only a coupe if tracks I don’t know whether there is a limit to this. But once PD is done and (again I think that that is important) the connecting sound can be recognized by PD), you should have something to work with. Maybe try this with 3 or 4 the test this out?
Let us know this goes!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 28. 2021 10:05

mohitk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Did you try this:
Assuming that all videos the "connecting" sound is clearly noticeable, drag the videos into the timeline, each video on its own track.
It will be some work to give each video its place in the resulting video, but you may want to set the size of the first clip and then do a copy / past of the attributes of the first clip onto all the others to give them an equal size and them move each clip to its correct place.
Then you can sync the audio simply by selection all videos in all tracks, and click on the Sync by Audio. I have tested this with only a coupe if tracks I don’t know whether there is a limit to this. But once PD is done and (again I think that that is important) the connecting sound can be recognized by PD), you should have something to work with. Maybe try this with 3 or 4 the test this out?
Let us know this goes!

I've been doing the exact same thing from last two months. Most of the time, i get good results. I've done syncing audio with 30 tracks as well.
[Post New]
Quote Suppose if i have to sync three videos with one original video so where should i place my original video?
Any track will work.
It may be too late for you to use my method... I plan ahead and use an audio & visual cue (like the clapper board you see in movies).

At the beginning of the vid, using multiple cameras, I loudly clap my hands. Then I can easily line up the clap in each video. Once they are aligned I then can easily cut back and forth between them.

Is there some point in the vid with a loud enough sound to match them up?
universlmind [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 02, 2021 10:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote My tutorial on multicamera editing may be helpful.

Steve,
I have PowerDirector 365 ver 19-downloaded about 5 days ago.

I am trying to sync three (multi)cam videos but cannot find Multicam Editor in the plugin drop down--only video collage designer is there. I began with PD Essential and upgraded to PowerDirector 365.

Can you help?
Thanks,

Todd House
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]

Steve,
I have PowerDirector 365 ver 19-downloaded about 5 days ago.

I am trying to sync three (multi)cam videos but cannot find Multicam Editor in the plugin drop down--only video collage designer is there. I began with PD Essential and upgraded to PowerDirector 365.

Can you help?
Thanks,

Todd House

Hi,

Can you look under the "?" in the top right of the main window, next to settings, for About CyberLink PowerDirector. This should give you an info screen and you can see what version you are actually running?

Cheers
PowerDirector Moderator