Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD365 resets values on key frames
[Post New]
I am building a video where I have a still image behind the video and shrink the video to the upper left hand corner exposing the still image for about 8-10 seconds and then reexpand the video to cover the still image. I had a problem when I originally set the length to 8 and decided to change it to 10 and to set 'Ease-in' - 'Ease out' values.

My original setting were:
1st keyframe - video is full frame,
2nd keyframe - 1 second in - video shrinks to 0.482 in size ,
3rd keyframe - 7 seconds in - values remain at 0.482,
4th keyframe - 8 seconds in - size is set to 1.000 giving a full frame.

Problem 1: After setting the ease in/out values for each of the four time points, checking them showed that when one is set, it resets another. I do not find it possible to set each of the four points in the zoom out/zoom in settings without effecting those that were previously set.

Problem 2: When I changed the length of the zoom out/zoom in from 8 to 10 seconds (delete the last two settings and add 2 more at 9 seconds and 10 seconds in, the values set for key frames at 2 and 9 seconds would not remain constant. Change 1 and the other changes to something else. Also the keyframe that was deleted at 8 seconds is still there, but invisible. Running a preview you can see the size of the picture growing and then start shrinking when it gets 8 seconds in. So even tho' I cannot see a keyframe there, it is there. (I tried closing PD and reopening it to no avail.)

The only way I have found around this is to start over with a new video and not make any mistakes. However, that does not solve the ease-in, ease-out problem.

I have been very frustrated and disappointed with PD365. I have been using PD for 8-10 years and did run across problems now and then, but not to the magnitude of those I have seen in the last year with PD365. UGH!

If there are any resolutions out there, I would be grateful to hear about them.

I am really surprised that this has not been reported. I could find nothing in the forum. Paul C