Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Windows 7 home premium edition + powerdvd 9 ultra = aero don't work
JEAN [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2008 08:08 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I have installed windows 7 home premium edition 64 bits and powerdvd 9 ultra patch 2201 and nvidia driver 191.07 but when i want to read a blu-ray windows aero is disabled and when i stop playing the blu-ray aero comes back.

In powerdvd blu-ray advanced setting menu i have uncheck the option that let powerdvd diabled aero.

In windows vista there is no problem.

So the problem comes from powerdvd !!

With Windows 7 and arcsoft totalmedia theatre 3 or with corel windvd 2010 pro aero stay's on.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2009 08:45

JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Running Windows 7 64 bit as well.
Just tried the trial PowerDVD Ultra 9 and noticed the same thing.
As soon as the blu-ray movie starts a notice comes up telling that aero is disabled and is switched to Windows basic.
The message say's it is not compatible with the player program.
What's up with this?
Tried the trial version of Arcsoft TMT 3 and when the blu-ray movie plays Aero is not disabled.
Will Cyberlink have a fix for this or are we stuck with having to watch with aero disabled?
Since I already own PowerDVD Ultra 8 I would like to only have to pay for the Ultra9 upgrade instead of buying a whole new program like TMT3.
At the same time I want something that works and utilizes my aero capabilities.
Is this asking to much?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 25. 2009 11:53

JEAN [Avatar]
[Post New]
Now it's Windows 7 home premium edition because when i ask to cyberlink support the first answer was you must wait windows 7 RTM and after when i had windows 7 RTM tell told to me that it was my graphic card who wasn't enough powerfull but my graphic card is a nvidia gtx 275 and with windows vista no problem.
So i hope that Cyberlink is going to do a patch to resove this problem quickly !!!!
JEAN [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have send a support ticket to cyberlink, we are going to see what they are going to say now because if a gtx 275 isn't enough powerful , what do i need three sli gtx 295
JJPower [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2009 22:34 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
Here is the response I got from my support ticket.
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with Windows Aero mode.

Please note that when you play any Blu-Ray disc, it requires a lot of GPU memory and same is the case with Windows 7 Aero Mode.

Therefore, in order to save GPU memory for smooth playback of Blu-Ray discs, the Aero Mode of Windows 7 is temporarily disabled.

Once you close the PowerDVD software, the Windows 7 Aero Mode is activated automatically.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards

CyberLink Technical Support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2009 17:16

JEAN [Avatar]
[Post New]
I had the same answer.

Now they ask to me to reinstall powerdvd 9 build 1501 after patch 2010 and after patch 2201.

It still don't work. It seem's that cyberlink doesn't know how to resolve this problem on windows 7.

On windows vista still no problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 31. 2009 06:20

JEAN [Avatar]
[Post New]
New answer from Cyberlink :
Dear Jean,

Thank you for writing back.

In response to your issue we would like to inform you that if your Windows 7 operating system is in the Aero mode then the PowerDVD software will change it to the Basic mode.

This is a default feature of the PowerDVD software that it changes the Aero mode to the Basic mode when it is launched.

We regret to inform you that there is no way to change the settings.

Cyberlink isn't smart