Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector Mobile removal of object
Ali2017 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2017 08:32 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I would like to know why on PhotoDirector Mobile app, when you want to remove an objectbon a photo, it converts the image to HD?

Other apps never do that. Snapseed for example. Compressing the image to HD from the maximum high resolution, decreases the quality of the picture.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
It resizes the output based on Image Quality Setting. Go to Settings and change it to a higher value as shown in this composite screenshot of the two settings pages:

Note you may get a warning at one or both of the highest options that your system does not have sufficient RAM. That's the case on my new Pixel 5 and may be why your app defaulted to HD, too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 24. 2021 13:41

Ali2017 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote It resizes the output based on Image Quality Setting. Go to Settings and change it to a higher value as shown in this composite screenshot of the two settings pages:

Note you may get a warning at one or both of the highest options that your system does not have sufficient RAM. That's the case on my new Pixel 5 and may be why your app defaulted to HD, too.

It is already set to Maximum. But each time I remove an object, it prompts me to choose HD. That's the issue. Why decreasing the resolution to remove an object? Other apps don't do that.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote It is already set to Maximum. But each time I remove an object, it prompts me to choose HD. That's the issue. Why decreasing the resolution to remove an object? Other apps don't do that.

I don't know why that's happening unless it's related to not having enough RAM. You should contact CL customer service/tech support with your question. You can do that from here.
Ali2017 [Avatar]
[Post New]

I don't know why that's happening unless it's related to not having enough RAM. You should contact CL customer service/tech support with your question. You can do that from here.

My phone is A51 Samsung. 4gb ram
[Post New]
Hello Ali2017 and optodata,

What I've observed here may be of assistance (or not), but confirms what you've both posted.

I have PhD Mobile installed on my iPhone6, which is not quite as old as my 1998 ute embarassed. iPhone6 has 1GB RAM.

I took a photo on the iPhone6 (3264x1836), then opened it in PhD Mobile. Export settings were set to "Long Side = 3264 pixels".

In PhD Mobile, I removed an object then saved the photo. The output was 1334x750, despite the setting chosen. frown

PIX PIX YouTube channel