Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error in Transitions
Dennis_2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2021 18:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I'm new to Power Director and trying before buying. I get this error when adding a transition. The video is from a GoPro Hero8 Black. Thank you.
[Thumb - Capture.PNG]
 Filename
Capture.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
39 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
9 time(s)
StevenG [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Jan 14, 2014 14:04 Messages: 513 Offline
[Post New]
What model of camcorder or phone is your video coming from?

You may be using a format that is non-traditional or challenging to edit.

Open your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of that report at paste it to this forum. Once we see these detailed specs, we'll better be able to advise you how to proceed.
Dennis_2 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 19, 2021 18:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Quote What model of camcorder or phone is your video coming from?

You may be using a format that is non-traditional or challenging to edit.

Open your original video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set View to Text and then copy the text of that report at paste it to this forum. Once we see these detailed specs, we'll better be able to advise you how to proceed.

Thanks Steven, here is the text file from mediainfo, the video clips are from a GoPro Hero8 Black. I can view the clips in PD, I get the error when I try to add transitions.
 Filename
GoPro Hero8 Black Mediainfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
5 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
88 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The mediainfo indicates that the GoPro video is encoded as h.265 (hevc) that is not supported in the trial version of PD. See this link: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=24890 . There are other limitations as well in that trial version.