Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
TV Capture choppy and need help to correct
coolj0800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2021 16:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
hi forum
can someone please help me
i am using PP19 and the TV capture is very very choppy and sticky and it looks as if people are robots it is so noticeable
I have tried just about everything to try correct - updating device drivers - changing frame rates - changing capture device (EasyCap)
changing RCA cables, but nothing works
I have even resorted to a fresh Windows reinstall and a fresh PP19 reinstall and i still get the same thing
My machine is an HP 290 G3
Intel Pentium Gold G5420
1TB SSD
8gig RAM
Intel UHD graphics 610
Windows 10 Pro

The thing is this is the first time this has happened and everything was running smoothly for the longest time
and then all of a sudden it started doing this

any help or assistance would be much appreciated as i dont know how to get my smooth capture back
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I am assuming that you tried some previously successful tapes. It is possible that you should try a different vcr, clean the heads, adjust the tracking, etc. It may be possible that the ezcap went bad.

The best capturing experience may be with Virtualdub used by many for this purpose.
coolj0800 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 15, 2021 16:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I am assuming that you tried some previously successful tapes. It is possible that you should try a different vcr, clean the heads, adjust the tracking, etc. It may be possible that the ezcap went bad.

The best capturing experience may be with Virtualdub used by many for this purpose.

Thanks for the suggestion Tomas i will certainly try it

and yes i have used different tapes different video machines video cameras - all the same result

the same can be said on the easycap manufacturers software - real time video is jittery and choppy

i have even changed out the easycap device with another that works fine on another machine and still the same

i have changed the HDMI cable with a different monitor and still the same

i have had the HP technical desk try their luck with updates to BIOS and graphics card - still the same

i truly am stumped on this one and am leaning towards a hardware issue perhaps motherboard

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2021 11:33