Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cannot activate software purchased from Dell
Chris Garrett [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 12, 2021 19:12 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Had to reinstall and I cannot activate softweare from dell.

CyberLink Power Director17+PhotoDirector

======================================================================
Cyberlink Power Media Player

I get a message that saids activation limit exceeded. I would post a screenshot but don't know how on this forum and I am not even sure I am posting the right place. Just want some help here. Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2021 20:42

[Post New]
Hello Chris Garrett,

CyberLink software provided with Dell computers is typically a trial or (at best) the base version e.g. Media Suite Essentials.

Were you provided with activation keys (from Dell) for CL PDR17 & PhD? Do they not still work? Are you sure you weren't supplied trial versions of the software?

It would seem to me that this is an issue you should take up with Dell Support, which I've found to be very good in the past.

The simplest way to post a screenshot is to add it as an attachment. Just click the Attachments button under the reply panel.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 12. 2021 20:09

PIX YouTube channel
Chris Garrett [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hello Chris Garrett,

CyberLink software provided with Dell computers is typically a trial or (at best) the base version e.g. Media Suite Essentials.

Were you provided with activation keys (from Dell) for CL PDR17 & PhD? Do they not still work? Are you sure you weren't supplied trial versions of the software?

It would seem to me that this is an issue you should take up with Dell Support, which I've found to be very good in the past.

The simplest way to post a screenshot is to add it as an attachment. Just click the Attachments button under the reply panel.

PIX

It was not a trial version. It is a paid version. Thanks for the tip on uploading attachments.
[Thumb - Invoice Proof.jpg]
 Filename
Invoice Proof.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
439 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Activation Failed 2.jpg]
 Filename
Activation Failed 2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
187 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
4 time(s)
[Thumb - Activation Failed.jpg]
 Filename
Activation Failed.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
160 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Chris,

You should just follow what the error messages are telling you in the images you uploaded, which is to contact Cyberlink customer support. You can do that here: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

This is a user led forum, so not where you'll get the solution.

Dave
Chris Garrett [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Chris,

You should just follow what the error messages are telling you in the images you uploaded, which is to contact Cyberlink customer support. You can do that here: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Dave

The software is now activated but I am not sure about resolved. I do not want to have this issue again. If I pay for software I should not be limited on how many times it's activated.

Here is the message I sent to them.

Please reply and assure me this never happens again. There should be no limit on Activations,
I feel like it is a trick and a scam to get people to buy new software.
Thanks
Also what does this message only allow 5000 characters?
WHATIFINEEDTOTYPEMORETHAN5000CHARACTERS?
Please fix to allow more characters and please fix to not limit activations.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2021 20:22

Chris Garrett [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Chris,

Dave

Noone will reply to this thread what is the point of the forum? Also terrible terrible tech support from CyberLink. I get a message saying I have a new reply. The email is not a direct email it is a forum you have to go to. It is horrible the way it's done.
They should just reply directly to emails.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2021 20:43

[Post New]
Chris,

I'm sorry things aren't progressing as you wish, but (at least) it seems you've managed to activate the software.

I'm assuming you submitted a support ticket with Customer Support. Is that correct?

Was the response provided not satifactory?

Could you please send me a PM with details & reference number of your ticket. I'll see what I can do to help get your issue resolved.

PIX PIX YouTube channel