Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
need help with PD13 preview window
ben1965 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2021 07:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
yesterday i was making videos, and every thing was fine. i wake up to finish what i am doing, and now my preview window looks like this?

this is one of the same clips i was using yesterday, and it filled the preview window. what happened? how do i change it back?

danke
[Thumb - preview.jpg]
 Filename
preview.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
8 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I don't know why, but your clip has been scaled to 1/2 size and moved to the upper left corner. This has nothing to do with the preview window settings as that's simply showing you what the resized clip looks like.

Double click on the timeline clip to open the PiP Designer, then set the Scale to 1.00 and change the Position X and Y controls from 0.250 to 0.5 and you'll have it back to being centered and full screen.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Actually something else is going on, because your media library thumbnail exactly matches what's shown in the preview window. In that case, you must have scaled up the clip so the upper left quadrant filled the screen, so you'll still need to make those changes in the PiP Designer but the scale will likely be 2 and the X & Y positions 0.75 and 0.75 to bring that section to the center and have it fill the screen.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2021 14:45

ben1965 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 11, 2021 07:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
damn gremlins!!!!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
If you have the original footage, you'd be a lot better off than using PIP to scale and reposition this footage. Since this was produced scaled as 1/4 screen, you could lose significant quality when scaled back to full screen.

Jeff