Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Rendered MP4 is 4 times larger than original MP4
RichBro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2021 13:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
In PowerDirector 10, I split and deleted two blank sections from a 580 KB MP4 video. When I rendered the 2D video with the "Standard" setting, the resulting file was an MP4 video that is 4 times larger at 2,500 KB. Using the "Trim" function did not make a difference and the final size was just as large at 2,500 KB.

How can I create an MP4 that isn't larger than the original when I cut parts out?

Thanks,
Richard

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 10. 2021 14:26

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote In PowerDirector 10, I split and deleted two blank sections from a 580 KB MP4 video. When I rendered the 2D video with the "Standard" setting, the resulting file was an MP4 video that is 4 times larger at 2,500 KB. Using the "Trim" function did not make a difference and the final size was just as large at 2,500 KB.

How can I create an MP4 that isn't larger than the original when I cut parts out?

Thanks,
Richard

It's all just quality. If you simply want a file the same size and you produced to the "Standard" MP4 setting, follow the pic to change bitrate (quality) to reduce your file size. Default 6000, change to 1500 and file size will reduce accordingly.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD10_MP4_bitrate.png]
 Filename
PD10_MP4_bitrate.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
302 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
12 time(s)
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
If you right-click on one of the entries in the media library and select 'View Properties' it will display the video and audio properties of the original material. I think If you then create a custom profile with these values you should find the SVRT button in Fast Video Rendering Technology becomes available (it might even set by default). This feaure will only render items in the timeline that have had effects (e.g. transiions and titles) applied. Unmodified footage will simply be copied to the output file unchanged. As well as being faster this avoids loss of quality and the introduction of artefacts. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Wisonte1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2013 11:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hola. Se elige en el momento de salvar el video. Primero escoge "perfil personalizado" y cámbialo donde se ve en el pantallazo adjunto recuadrado en rojo. Por ejemplo, un video que pesaba 100 megas pasa a ocupar 7 megas, al salvarlo a "velocidad promedio de bits = 3000". Cuidado al poner números pequeños (de 3000 a 6000 está muy bien), pues va perdiendo calidad. Es más sencillo que intentar igualar el tamaño al del video original.
[Thumb - respuesta a tamaño.jpg]
 Filename
respuesta a tamaño.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
135 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 11. 2021 15:12

Wisonte1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 26, 2013 11:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Se elige en el momento de salvar el video. Primero escoge "perfil personalizado" y cámbialo donde se ve en el pantallazo adjunto recuadrado en rojo. Por ejemplo, un video que pesaba 100 megas pasa a ocupar 7 megas, al salvarlo a "velocidad promedio de bits = 3000". Cuidado al poner números pequeños (de 3000 a 6000 está muy bien), pues va perdiendo calidad. Es más sencillo que intentar igualar el tamaño al del video original.
[Thumb - respuesta a tamaño.jpg]
 Filename
respuesta a tamaño.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
174 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
3 time(s)
RichBro [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2021 13:38 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]

It's all just quality. If you simply want a file the same size and you produced to the "Standard" MP4 setting, follow the pic to change bitrate (quality) to reduce your file size. Default 6000, change to 1500 and file size will reduce accordingly.

Jeff

Very very helpful. I learned a lot. The image with the circles made it easy to understand where to look and what to change.

Thank you,
Richard
Joey302 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2022 13:42 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote If you right-click on one of the entries in the media library and select 'View Properties' it will display the video and audio properties of the original material. I think If you then create a custom profile with these values you should find the SVRT button in Fast Video Rendering Technology becomes available (it might even set by default). This feaure will only render items in the timeline that have had effects (e.g. transiions and titles) applied. Unmodified footage will simply be copied to the output file unchanged. As well as being faster this avoids loss of quality and the introduction of artefacts.

Thank you for this information. It's was really hard to find. I changed one setting to 1500 bitrate, but my produced file was awful and rather pixelated. Is there a best format to produce a regular MP3 file?

Thank you